Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Andre Berto lethargic because he wasn't on PEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Andre Berto lethargic because he wasn't on PEDs?

I thought he might be too big and too strong for Guerrero, but Berto seemed lethargic and less aggressive last night.

Why did Max Kellerman shower him with praise and loving comments last night and attempt to blame the referee for his loss? Let's be honest here, Berto was unimpressive and was clearly beaten by a smaller man.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I thought he might be too big and too strong for Guerrero, but Berto seemed lethargic and less aggressive last night.

Why did Max Kellerman shower him with praise and loving comments last night and attempt to blame the referee for his loss? Let's be honest here, Berto was unimpressive and was clearly beaten by a smaller man.
    No. Peds had nothing to do with his loss. This berto would have beaten any other fighters he had beaten before. He was most likely in his top form knowing what was at stake here.

Comment

he wasn't lethargic at all, he just sucks balls
      Guerrero wouldn't let him breathe, and he likes holding anyway
      fuck Berto, he's weak on or off the gas
      let's hope HBO cancels his punkass now

Comment

Never thought Andre Berto was any good. You just touch the guy with any punch and he wobbles. Berto is a fighter that fights in bursts, Guerrero's plan was to smother him and not give him any chances. When Berto gets tired and desperate he leans against the rope to hold him and up. Then he'll just fight there.

Comment

Nothing to do with PED's.

He couldn't get into a rhythm thanks to Guerrero smothering him.

I think Berto deserves some praise because he continued to fight despite being barely able to see out of either eye. We know some fighters would have quit and screamed "no mas".

HBO did ride Berto's dick all night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Berto has only been impressive when he fought tomato can fights...when he stepped up to real challenges he looked like what he really is....a B-class fighter with i might add a ton of heart. Cant take nothing away from Berto, but hes not a top echelon fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              he wasn't lethargic at all, he just sucks balls
              Guerrero wouldn't let him breathe, and he likes holding anyway
              fuck Berto, he's weak on or off the gas
              let's hope HBO cancels his punkass now
              ALL of this^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                Yes, and Kellerman was especially disgusting with his overt bias.

The only one who was fair and objective was Lederman.

Comment

nah, the blueprint to beat berto is to press him and be physical. That's exactly what Ortiz did from the opening bell and that's what robert did last night. Berto doesn't seem to know how to handle pressure like that, other than his uppercut.

berto's footwork is poor. He just stands there and allows it to happen. He doesn't seem to know how to use his feet and step laterally or back off effectively, he just stays there and allows them to impose their will. for 12 rounds he did that and never used his feet!
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    Nothing to do with PED's.

He couldn't get into a rhythm thanks to Guerrero smothering him.

I think Berto deserves some praise because he continued to fight despite being barely able to see out of either eye. We know some fighters would have quit and screamed "no mas".

This. On all points.

Berto wasn't great to begin with anyway. I was never sold on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X