Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What great Welterweights, Lightweights to Bantam would you recommend me to watch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What great Welterweights, Lightweights to Bantam would you recommend me to watch?

My boxing knowledge becomes a bit limited sadly when it comes to the lower weights, apart from the obvious ones.. Robinson, Duran etc... What great fighters from the lower weight would you recommend I watch, just trying to increase my boxing knowledge here thanks!!

salvador sanchez

morales barrera

willie pep

kid chocolate

tony canzoneri

carlos ortiz

to name a few

Comment

Two all time greats that I followed growing up were Jose Napoles and Ruben Olivares. They were both technically brilliant while still very entertaining to watch. While Olivares was much better as a bantamweight, his fight against Arguello should be on your must watch list.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
        My boxing knowledge becomes a bit limited sadly when it comes to the lower weights, apart from the obvious ones.. Robinson, Duran etc... What great fighters from the lower weight would you recommend I watch, just trying to increase my boxing knowledge here thanks!!
        Alexis Arguello for sure. Ricardo Lopez gets overlooked quite a bit. Jeff Chandler is another good one. Carlos Zarate. If you can find Kid Gavilan's fights at Welter that's another good one. Antonio Cervantes, Azumah Nelson, Edar Jofre, Lupe Pintor, and Michael Carbajal are all good.

Poet

Comment

Orlando Canizales
          Joe Brown
          Fighting Harada
          Emile Griffith
          Jose Napoles
          Daniel Zaragoza
          Brian Mitchell
          Vicente Saldivar
          Eusebio Pedroza
          Wilfredo Gomez

Comment

All of the above fighters..... Jeff Fenech, Carmen basilio, Pancho Villa, Panama Al Brown, Kostya Tszyu, Jimmy Carruthers, Manuel Ortizm Jimmy Carter, Lionel Rose, Ruben Olivares, Chuck Davey, Tony DeMarco, Ike Williams, Benny Lynch, Young Corbett III.

Comment

Thanks to all who've replied, i'll make a mental note of these fighters and see in my free time when im bothered to try and watch these fighters

Comment

118-Jeff Chandler, Happy Lora, Rafael Marquez
                122-Wilfredo Gomez
                126-Antonio Esparragoza, Jeff Fenech
                130-Floyd Mayweather, Brian Mitchell
                135-Joe Brown, Ismael Laguna, Carlos Ortiz
                140-Aaron Pryor
                147-Donald Curry

Comment

Thanks to all who've replied, i'll make a mental note of these fighters and see in my free time when im bothered to try and watch these fighters
                  Of course you should also watch all the Les Darcy fight footage,,... especially Barnburners Les Darcy Highlights tribute..... a truly awesome fighter,,, and a great video,.. it's on his thread. cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    Of course you should also watch all the Les Darcy fight footage,,... especially Barnburners Les Darcy Highlights tribute..... a truly awesome fighter,,, and a great video,.. it's on his thread. cheers.
                    Yeah I've watched it, he seems very fast with excellent movement and defense, definetly one to watch

Comment

Working...
                    X