Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heart hearts after bout of high intensity training. Did I bugger my heart up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart hearts after bout of high intensity training. Did I bugger my heart up?

Like I was sprinting up and down this steep hill and decided to work on my mental toughness at the same time so I pushed my self to run as fast and hard and as many times up the hill as I could and my heart just felt painful like it ached alot and I had to stop.

(I didnt warm up or stretch the first thing I did wast sprint up a steep hill as fast as I possible could and repeated it at full inetisty about 10 times, not too clever, but the intention was worthy)

So anyway that was about a year or 2 ago and now everytime I really push myself quite hard like with some high intenity work, especially without a warm up my heart gets this same aching feeling/pain and I have to stop due to pain.

No other symptoms.

Have I buggered my heart up?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 02-12-2013, 09:03 PM.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Like I was sprinting up and down this steep hill and decided to work on my mental toughness at the same time so I pushed my self to run as fast and hard and as many times up the hill as I could and my heart just felt painful like it ached alot and I had to stop.

(I didnt warm up or stretch the first thing I did wast sprint up a steep hill as fast as I possible could and repeated it at full inetisty about 10 times, not too clever, but the intention was worthy)

So anyway that was about a year or 2 ago and now everytime I really push myself quite hard like with some high intenity work, especially without a warm up my heart gets this same aching feeling/pain and I have to stop due to pain.

No other symptoms.

Have I buggered my heart up?

Its very difficult to distinguish a heart problem from other chest pains due to excertion. My gut feeling is that your heart is probably ok, but you train beyond your fitness level to a ridiculous intensity without a warmup. The muscles in your chest and back will still be tight and your lungs will be insufficiently warmed up. You may get chest pains that feel like they come from the heart region that are in fact muscular.

First stop for you is to go to the doctors. A look at your blood pressure, resting pulse and possibly an ECG would be useful for determining if your heart is ok......even for your own reassurance.

But warm up well before high intensity exercise. You don't get fitter by doing one-off mega workouts......only by doing a consistent week by week plan that stretches you progressively.

Comment

You got the AIDS now son

Comment

I get that aching where my heart is when I go really hard as well. Usually after I do all of my tiring regular boxing exercises then go run 4 miles on top of that.

It's kind of scary, but I'd imagine it's normal especially when you are pushing yourself that hard. Nothing to do, but go to the Dr. and making sure you don't have any heart conditions, etc...

Comment

I know the rule is to stretch and all that but I never do. I will start out with light jogging and progress into faster pace. I like to run the steps up to the top of the park after jogging but in between jogging and running the steps I walk for about 5 minutes and drink a bit of water from fountain. Once I get to the top of the steps...my heart is pounding but no pain. Mabey you should just light jog for awhile then progress faster in short sprints. If you jog a track...you can sprint the straightaways and jog/walk the curves for awhile. But yeah...I would go get at least general checkup from doc.

Comment

I would go to the doctor immediately. You could have something wrong with you and hard training is something you might not be ready for.

It could be nothing but with the heart, you don't want to guess. Go get checked and cleared by a dr.

Comment

Working...
            X