No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs. Walker Early Results From Prudential Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek vs. Walker Early Results From Prudential Center

Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey - Jerry Belmontes (17-0, 5KOs) won an eight round unanimous decision over Joselito Collado (13-2, 3KOs) in a super featherweight contest. The judges scored the fight 77-75, 78-74 twice.
    [Click Here To Read More]

huge win & can't wait to see the fight...

Comment

Adamek came within a centimeter of being stopped. He got dropped HARD, and beforehand he was being out jabbed and out boxed by Walker, which really alarmed me. Adamek showed heart and toughness to come back, but I think it's getting very close to the time to hang em' up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Adamek came within a centimeter of being stopped. He got dropped HARD, and beforehand he was being out jabbed and out boxed by Walker, which really alarmed me. Adamek showed heart and toughness to come back, but I think it's getting very close to the time to hang em' up.
        need an ifile or narod of the heavyweight fights.

Comment

Great fight! I kind of wish Adamek never went up to HW and stayed at cruiser for the rest of his career. He would have given plenty exciting fights with opponents the same size as him.

Comment

Adamek just ended the pipe dream that many Klitschko critics had.

LOL. It's official, if Walker ever fought big brother he gets stopped in 4 rounds. He just got KOed by a guy that was rendered average against big brother.

Now Odlanier Solis has to lose for them to start cutting their wrists LOL.

Comment

That was a great comeback by Adamek in that second round. I thought the ref was getting ready to stop the fight after he got up from that k.o. and Walker started to put pressure on him until he scored a k.o. himself.

Comment

Holy smokes. This is why I love Adamek.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  I personally don't see the signs of slippage. He is just at a big disadvantage fighting at HW. He doesn't really belong in the division, but he's probably there for the bigger paychecks, just like so many before him. He took a huge right hand from a big puncher, and much bigger man, and still weathered the storm to come back, dropping Walker in the same round even with a perfectly timed shot. There is no way Adamek beats a Klitschko, but he is potentially a top-5 HW in the world. That may be too high, but with how thin the division is, I can see him beating a lot of guys. I certainly remember the Eddy Chambers fight, but at the end of the day he still got the W, even though Chambers' injury likely affected the outcome of the fight. In my opinion though, Chambers also has a troubling style for him. Adamek isn't as effective against guys with so high a work rate imo. Very few HWs today have such a work rate though.

Comment

I wa surpsed Cunninham's bout went the distance vs a not-even-average guy...Adamek showed he can beat most any1 out there but the belt-holders...

Comment

Working...
                    X