Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute Admits Froch Lured Him In, Vows To Return Stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute Admits Froch Lured Him In, Vows To Return Stronger

Carl Froch (29-2, 21 KOs) stunned the boxing world on Saturday night, when he easily stopped the heavily favored Lucian Bute (30-1, 24 KOs) in five rounds to capture the IBF super middleweight title in Nottingham.

[Click Here To Read More]

interesting. So they will rematch Froch now?
    I guess , if for anything, the pay day is too tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
      interesting. So they will rematch Froch now?
      I guess , if for anything, the pay day is too tempting.
      after a tune up ... maybe.

Comment

No bute it should be ur second defeat u got knocked out by andrade

Comment

Good attidude from Lucian.He doesnt seem too demoralised from reading that which is a suprise.

Comment

Bute's saving face.

Ultimately, I think the last thing he needs is another demolishion at home in front of 18,000 of his fans.

If they trigger the rematch it won't be a big fight, after the manner Froch wrecked him in the first fight.

It would be like Jeff Lacy demanding a Calzaghe rematch.

He didn't lose because of tactics, he got ripped to pieces by a far superior fighter and that wont ever change.

I feel a Pavlik or George Groves fight should be his next one.

Comment

Pavlik or Groves? Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Monkey View Post
                Bute's saving face.

Ultimately, I think the last thing he needs is another demolishion at home in front of 18,000 of his fans.

If they trigger the rematch it won't be a big fight, after the manner Froch wrecked him in the first fight.

It would be like Jeff Lacy demanding a Calzaghe rematch.

He didn't lose because of tactics, he got ripped to pieces by a far superior fighter and that wont ever change.

I feel a Pavlik or George Groves fight should be his next one.
                In an era where cowardly boxers shy away from the fighter who knocked them the f out, I praise Bute if he wants a second chance at Froch.

If Boxing was full of Amir Khan's, who wants nothing to do with his dad Breidis Prescott, I wouldn't be watching boxing.

One positive Bute has to look at is, yes he got badly beaten, but there's no doubt that Bute has an at least good chin with all the flush power shots he took. Bute took a lot of punches and he did get hurt, but he didn't really get hurt badly until the 5th. So if Bute work son his defense and boxes more, he can beat Froch. Obviously, two of the 3 fighters who beat Froch, Dirrell and Ward both boxed Froch and didn't exchange with him. Kessler just went to war with him because he could, Kessler's chin is A+, and his power is A+ so he was able to stun Froch a couple of times and stay with him toe to toe. Obviously Bute can't do that, his chin is a B.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  In an era where cowardly boxers shy away from the fighter who knocked them the f out, I praise Bute if he wants a second chance at Froch.

If Boxing was full of Amir Khan's, who wants nothing to do with his dad Breidis Prescott, I wouldn't be watching boxing.

One positive Bute has to look at is, yes he got badly beaten, but there's no doubt that Bute has an at least good chin with all the flush power shots he took. Bute took a lot of punches and he did get hurt, but he didn't really get hurt badly until the 5th. So if Bute work son his defense and boxes more, he can beat Froch. Obviously, two of the 3 fighters who beat Froch, Dirrell and Ward both boxed Froch and didn't exchange with him. Kessler just went to war with him because he could, Kessler's chin is A+, and his power is A+ so he was able to stun Froch a couple of times and stay with him toe to toe. Obviously Bute can't do that, his chin is a B.
                  Now while agree with most of this post, Bute was hurt badly in every round except the 1st. At the end of the 2nd. God was with him in the 3rd. At the end of the fourth & he simply was done in the 5th.

Comment

The Racket Squad: Bute Not Through By A Longshot

Andre Ward is a coat of another color.
                    Froch can't beat him.

Bute was overrated as the first Andrade contest proved.
                    But he came back from that brink of disaster in the second match.

He's not through as the arrogant Carl suggests.
                    Froch always talks tough but this time it is not good business to negate Lucien.
                    He will be welcomed back in Canada as Froch was in England.

Bute will regain his senses and devise a plan to out box a very beatable Froch.
                    Lucien hurt Carl during the bout but was not aggressive enough to capitalize.

This was a graet fight though, deserving of a rematch that fans should relish.
                    A second go at Ward will prove nothing and Kessler can beat anyone on any given night.

If I were Carl, I would wait for Lucien to get prepared and not chance a Kessler loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X