Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Cotto think he deserves Pacquiao rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Bob Arum promised him the rematch to get him to stay?

Comment

He has a better trainer now who improved his stamina and technique in a short time, who also gives good ring advice. Remember when Margarito got to him a few times in a round and he told him to turn Margarito. After that Cotto simply did it and Margarito needed a lot time to adjust.
      If he sticks with his new trainer he will improve again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
        He has a better trainer now who improved his stamina and technique in a short time, who also gives good ring advice. Remember when Margarito got to him a few times in a round and he told him to turn Margarito. After that Cotto simply did it and Margarito needed a lot time to adjust.
        If he sticks with his new trainer he will improve again.
        and all this new and improved cotto is based off what, one fight? and thats against one of the slowest no defense fighter? come on now playa.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
          Because Bob Arum promised him the rematch to get him to stay?
          This is def what I think happened.....

Comment

Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
            He had his chance and what happen? he folded. whats the point of a rematch? was the first fight even close? was cotto robbed by the judges?? i dont get why there would be a rematch, not unless bob just wanna make some money lol.. beating marg doesnt mean he deserve a rematch, pac also beat marg already and pac did it in a way better fashion than cotto. so again why would there be a rematch? if cotto takes on other respectful fighter right now and beats them then MAYBE just maybe he can get another shot at pacman.

Why does that apply to Cotto? It didn't apply to Margarito, or Mosley or Clottey. Why does Cotto have to beat a respectible fighter to get a chance to avenge that loss? Like I keep telling you guys, deserving a fight with Pacman does not exsist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              [/B]

Why does that apply to Cotto? It didn't apply to Margarito, or Mosley or Clottey. Why does Cotto have to beat a respectible fighter to get a chance to avenge that loss? Like I keep telling you guys, deserving a fight with Pacman does not exsist.
              do u even read or do u just start posting??? i said cotto HAD his chance already. can u read that? HAD his chance already and what was the outcome? so why would there be a rematch? did mosley, clottey got a rematch also????

Comment

do u even read or do u just start posting??? i said cotto HAD his chance already. can u read that? HAD his chance already and what was the outcome? so why would there be a rematch? did mosley, clottey got a rematch also????
                No Mosley & Clottey didn't GOT a rematch also. & Neither won fights the 1st time. Cotto did avenge his 1st loss by ko though. A great storyline (can he avenge the 2nd?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  No Mosley & Clottey didn't GOT a rematch also. & Neither won fights the 1st time. Cotto did avenge his 1st loss by ko though. A great storyline (can he avenge the 2nd?)
                  what kinda ***** u smokin on today brah?? cotto avenge his 1st lost by KO??? wtf?? and cotto avenge his first lost and won from a guy who PAC already beat and pac beat him worst than cotto did, cotto took over what pac did already LOL.. so thats a good story line?? pac vs cotto 2, the hype is in guys, cotto just avenge his 1st lost and won from a guy pacman destroyed already, now cotto's looking towards pac to avenge his 2nd lost!! damm im sold!!! sign me up!!! LOL..

Comment

He had his chance and what happen? he folded. whats the point of a rematch? was the first fight even close? was cotto robbed by the judges?? i dont get why there would be a rematch, not unless bob just wanna make some money lol.. beating marg doesnt mean he deserve a rematch, pac also beat marg already and pac did it in a way better fashion than cotto. so again why would there be a rematch? if cotto takes on other respectful fighter right now and beats them then MAYBE just maybe he can get another shot at pacman.
                    He didnt fold (probably should have) but he wasn't good enough. I don't think anyone sees a rematch ending any differently. It's annoying that it's even being considered as a possibility.

Comment

he doesn't deserve it, but hes also smart enough to realize a few things.

1) He does have a chance at redemption, albeit quite small.
                      2) Bob Arum likes to do inhouse fights.
                      3) He will make more money against Pac than against anyone else not named Mayweather.

He would rather take his chances against Pac, than to have everything to lose against middleweight chavez for half or even 1/3 of the money.

If anyone deserves flack for this fight going through, it's not Miguel. It's Manny Pacquiao (Bob Arum will do anything that makes sense moneywise. He don't care about legacy or the sport)

Comment

Working...
                      X