Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great is B-Hop if he wins next week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is that Hopkins has so many question marks in his resume, it's hard to judge him
    Trinidad and OLDH weren't true MW's
    He lost to better boxers in Calzaghe, Roy & Taylor
    Then his resume starts to look less impressive
    His longevity is unhuman, though
    Pascal would be a good name to have, but he chose to fight Pascal because he can see a win there, not that it won't be a tough fight... he wouldn't face Dawson IMO because there's a bigger risk.
    Last edited by TRAV1$; 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Bernard is already cemented as an atg if he wins next week it will further reinforce the greatness of the champion.

Comment

Pascal is a very active fighter, can't see him going away easily.

Comment

Anyone who defends his crown 20 straight times and is still fighting champions almost ten years later is a ring legend. The fact that he is still given a chance at this level at his age is a testament to that legend. Winning this fight at this time only enhances it.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
            The problem is that Hopkins has so many question marks in his resume, it's hard to judge him
            Trinidad and OLDH weren't true MW's
            He lost to better boxers in Calzaghe, Roy & Taylor
            Then his resume starts to look less impressive
            His longevity is unhuman, though
            Pascal would be a good name to have, but he chose to fight Pascal because he can see a win there, not that it won't be a tough fight... he wouldn't face Dawson IMO because there's a bigger risk.
            See the thing is with Tito is that B-Hop was the underdog,big,big underdog & Tito was a real middleweight champion who ko'd Joppy & took his title!!Everyone wants a piece of Oscar that's not his fault!!

Roy beat a inexperienced version of B-Hop,JC never ever wanted a rematch,(that fight was close)& the Taylor fight could have gone either way(realistically)!!There are resumes that can far easily be picked apart,most of B-Hops career he's been an underdog & has outclassed,outhustled & simply dominated favored opponents!!Name another fighter that has beaten that much elite fighters while being an underdog!!The 2 top pfp fighters right now,have been favored in they're biggest fights,B-Hop was not supposed to win his!!

Comment

Better than he was this week.

Comment

He wouldn't be the greatest active fighter, because Pacquiao's resume is better, but he would be in that discussion for best fighter as far as longevity ever, I would think.

He would also be officially one of the best technical fighters ever, because that's the only way he can win fights at this point. He's not doing it with athleticism or physical talent.

Comment

shi tting on bhop's win of tito is revisionist history.

tito had already blasted out a very solid MW in impressive fashion and was a pretty big favorite.

bhops resume>pac's resume by the way.

Comment

bhop would have the best resume of all of his contemporaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
                      I mean there are a lot of people that don't like him & I can see them simply putting down his accomplishments because of that,(I've done that too)!!But on a serious note,of all the current active future hofmer's & atg's surefires,B-Hop beating Pascal,at his age after his many underdog surprises,how will fight fans view him??I seriously believe that if B-Hop beats Pascal that he's in serious position to be boxing's greatest active fighter,Boxingscene's thoughts please!!
                      B-hop is utter ****e. In his own, slyly racist, words he promised he would never lose to a white boy. (Calzaghe) He lost to a white boy! Hopkins the moron was hung on his own petard. AND DIDN'T I LAUGH.

Comment

Working...
                      X