No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Don't Get Enough Credit For My Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Don't Get Enough Credit For My Wins

BoxingScene.com was on hand for WBA junior middleweight champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.'s media workout that took place earlier this week inside of the Mayweather Boxing Club. The 5 division champion spoke on a variety of topics including his upcoming showdown against 23-year-old Saul "Canelo" Alvarez that will be broadcast September 14th on Showtime pay-per-view.
    Alvarez (42-0-1) will be 13 years younger than Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0) when the two undefeated fighters face each other inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather's previous three opponents (Robert Guerrero, Miguel Cotto and Victor Ortiz) were all significantly younger than the 36-year-old Mayweather as well. [Click Here To Read More]

What a cry baby.

Perhaps if YOU spent less time DISCREDITING OTHERS...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
      What a cry baby.

Perhaps if YOU spent less time DISCREDITING OTHERS...
      It's not DISCREDITING if what he says is true

Comment

Floyd is such a byeeeatch.

Comment

Floyd's point is actually rather shallow when you examine it beneath the surface. Every fighter (even Bernard Hopkins!) goes through a normal career pattern/cycle that includes the following:

1) younger years where inexperience is a significant factor
          2) becoming more experienced and moving into their prime
          2) a seasoned veteran sloping downward in terms of their physical attributes

Canelo is clearly still in category #1 (despite his 42 fights, he is only 23, and almost all of his fights have not been against top competition)

When Mayweather fought Mosley and Cotto (for example), they were both clearly in category #3.

Floyd doesn't seem to understand the above reality. What people have criticized him for (and perhaps with some justification -- I don't know all the ins & outs and politics behind the scenes) is that he hasn't fought more top-tier opponents in category #2. Instead he tries to spin his resume as though the different categories didn't exist. ........ But they do, Floyd.

Comment

He's right in this case. He beats Mosley, Mosley was over the hill. Pac beats Mosley he's a legend. Floyd beat Hatton and Hatton was to small. Pac beats Hatton gets all the credit in the world. Floyd beats Cotto, Cotto was washed up. Pac beats Cotto once again all the credit in the world. Trout beats Cotto and hes all of sudden considered Elite. I don't get it

Comment

Because you're an annoying SOAB, Floyd.

Comment

Criticizing his selection of opponents and criticizing his wins are two different things.

Comment

he deems all his opposition c or d level. not much credit to give.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                    Floyd's point is actually rather shallow when you examine it beneath the surface. Every fighter (even Bernard Hopkins!) goes through a normal career pattern/cycle that includes the following:

1) younger years where inexperience is a significant factor
                    2) becoming more experienced and moving into their prime
                    2) a seasoned veteran sloping downward in terms of their physical attributes

Canelo is clearly still in category #1 (despite his 42 fights, he is only 23, and almost all of his fights have not been against top competition)

When Mayweather fought Mosley and Cotto (for example), they were both clearly in category #3.

Floyd doesn't seem to understand the above reality. What people have criticized him for (and perhaps with some justification -- I don't know all the ins & outs and politics behind the scenes) is that he hasn't fought more top-tier opponents in category #2. Instead he tries to spin his resume as though the different categories didn't exist. ........ But they do, Floyd.
                    So if Cotto and Mosley were in category 3 when Floyd beat them, what were they when PAC beat them or when TROUT beat Cotto since that was after Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                    X