No announcement yet.

The Legend Grows: Ringside Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend Grows: Ringside Post-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - How hyped was the packed house for Pavlik-Hopkins? [details]

Solid stuff was it? Jesus Christ Rold, what do you want from people? In all reality that fight was better than the main event and ten times just a bit of 'solid stuff'. That was one of those underrated fights that should be looked upon as the best fight of the night notwithstanding the importance of the main event for Hopkins having won. Other than that though, to say that fight was just solid stuff is an insult to what those guys did. Disgraceful! The worst bout of the night got more mention than those guys did!

Comment

I personally would love to see him do both rematches Calzaghe in Wales(I would travel from Germany to see it live)then Roy in the states.....in that order!

Comment

Pavlik was exposed. Calzaghe is next

Comment

Wow

I stayed up all night to watch this and then went straight to work after (being in the UK), but damn it was worth it. Hopkins is one of the best fighters I've ever seen in my life. At 43, he has no right to do what he did and I don't care if Pavlik was stepping up 10lbs. I just wish Hopkins was always this exciting to go with that ability. Regardless, I think this proved that for now at least, Pavlik is one dimensional even if freakishly powerful whilst Hopkins deserves a hall of fame all to himself.

On a side note, it makes me laugh to see people still slating Calzaghe after this Hopkins performance. JC has one up on BH, there's no getting away from it no matter how much you hate him. I also don't think it's fair to say Hopkins would kill Calzaghe in a rematch. Now I had the fight with Hopkins and Calzaghe as a draw, but I wouln't begrudge anyone who gave it to Calzaghe as I don't think Hopkins threw enough to win even if Calzaghe was slapping whilst Hopkins did more damage. For me JC is elite, Hopkins is legend, and it's still an even match at this stage of their careers - they're both awkward. But regardless, I'd rather see Hopkins Vs Jones Jr as a retirement fight for the both of them - I been waiting for that rematch for years!

Just a quick footnote, did anyone else think that maybe Hopkins played the nice guy in the pre-fight pressers to take a little bit of destruction out of Pavlik, perhaps making Pavlik less keen to try to hurt him initially? Didn't really need to after that schooling, but still...

Hopkins is legend.

Comment

Oh, and Dib...

Oh, and Billy Dib? Bell-end.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              I personally would love to see him do both rematches Calzaghe in Wales(I would travel from Germany to see it live)then Roy in the states.....in that order!
              Roy should be the one i reckon Sekondz
              Depends though init who wins against him and a joe..

If im really honest i think Bernard should retire he has jack **** left to prove

Comment

Originally posted by ListenUpWell View Post
                I stayed up all night to watch this and then went straight to work after (being in the UK), but damn it was worth it. Hopkins is one of the best fighters I've ever seen in my life. At 43, he has no right to do what he did and I don't care if Pavlik was stepping up 10lbs. I just wish Hopkins was always this exciting to go with that ability. Regardless, I think this proved that for now at least, Pavlik is one dimensional even if freakishly powerful whilst Hopkins deserves a hall of fame all to himself.

On a side note, it makes me laugh to see people still slating Calzaghe after this Hopkins performance. JC has one up on BH, there's no getting away from it no matter how much you hate him. I also don't think it's fair to say Hopkins would kill Calzaghe in a rematch. Now I had the fight with Hopkins and Calzaghe as a draw, but I wouln't begrudge anyone who gave it to Calzaghe as I don't think Hopkins threw enough to win even if Calzaghe was slapping whilst Hopkins did more damage. For me JC is elite, Hopkins is legend, and it's still an even match at this stage of their careers - they're both awkward. But regardless, I'd rather see Hopkins Vs Jones Jr as a retirement fight for the both of them - I been waiting for that rematch for years!

Just a quick footnote, did anyone else think that maybe Hopkins played the nice guy in the pre-fight pressers to take a little bit of destruction out of Pavlik, perhaps making Pavlik less keen to try to hurt him initially? Didn't really need to after that schooling, but still...

Hopkins is legend.
                you had it a draw, the judges had it calzaghe SD, and many other ppl thought hopkins won. you just said yourself, and i quote, "calzaghe was SLAPPING whilest HOPKINS DID MORE DAMAGE." that was pretty much the story of the fight....yea, for the record, calzaghe is 1 up on hopkins, but im not so sure about that in the court of public opinion........regardless, if hopkins fight jc as agressively as he went after pavlik last night, he will dominate calzaghe, just as he did to pavlik.

you may say you dont think hopkins threw enough to beat jc, but the punches he threw did more damage than the girly shots calzaghe was landing on hopkins's shoulders and arms.........i still today am amazed calzaghe got that decision, "because he threw more," regardless of the fact he got knocked down, and the other guy landed all the harder punches.

Comment

oh, and by the way, cliff rold is ridiculous. it was one thing for him to say andre berto was gonna stop steve forbes, even though forbes had never even been knocked down, in his career......but this guy took the cake when he said pavlik was gonna KO bernard hopkins. i couldn't believe a WRITER, would have the nerves to put that in print.....it's one thing for fans to say it, but a respected journalist should know better....

Comment

Originally posted by MMA sucks!! View Post
                    Calzaghe is next
                    Dream on...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                    X