No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
    We also had a home in Farmington and Ruidoso. Nothing touristy about the San Juan and Animas rivers....greatest trout in the world.

Anyway...
    Farmington is cool, high desert there. The Southwest states are really beautiful places. You should take a drive to Junction up Highway 141 in Southwest and Western Colorado. You go through a vast amount of high desert and than high desert canyons along the Dolores river and Gateway canyon. It's once of the best drives I've experienced as far as scenery goes and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Ah. I see. The ONLY win there that can't be picked apart is Corrales. Hatton, if you want to put any value in it - which I personally would give him credit for. That's it. Other than that you have some nice names there, but any real student of the game will tell you without needing to think very hard that these guys were past their best or of little value overall in final summation. There really isn't much there.
      Well than you could pick apart Marquez and Pac as well, you know that as well as anyone.

Barrera is the only win that really couldn't be picked apart, judging by "picking apart someone's resume" which you seem to do.

So Floyd doesn't get credit for anything but Corrales and Hatton??? Wow.....the trolling is getting ridiculous on here since December 8th.

Comment

Ah. I see. The ONLY win there that can't be picked apart is Corrales. Hatton, if you want to put any value in it - which I personally would give him credit for. That's it. Other than that you have some nice names there, but any real student of the game will tell you without needing to think very hard that these guys were past their best or of little value overall in final summation. There really isn't much there.
        To be fair, Marquez was a good win. Oscar was a good win, even if ODH was a little long in the tooth. Cotto...another good win, even if he was a little shot by that time.

I'm not writing Floyd off, but he's got alot of problems that undefeated record can't make up for. This why the poll showing Pac ahead for ATG is so illuminating.

Comment

4C, when were the times Floyd was in a match he had any chance of losing? Corrales? ..........
          So Floyd gets punished because he's possibly the best fighter in his era??? Sounds good to someone like you, keep running with it. Floyd has been the betting favorite ever since he destroyed Corrales, it's his fault that he's not someone good to bet against???

I mean we have to go to 160 lbs and find Martinez to find someone who we think Floyd could lose to. It's crazy...

Comment

@warquez

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
            Marquez's win over Pacquiao is greater than any win Floyd has on his resume.

FACT.
            I'll co-sign that statement. FACT

Comment

To be fair, Marquez was a good win. Oscar was a good win, even if ODH was a little long in the tooth. Cotto...another good win, even if he was a little shot by that time.

I'm not writing Floyd off, but he's got alot of problems that undefeated record can't make up for. This why the poll showing Pac ahead for ATG is so illuminating.
              Genaro, Castillo, and Mosley weren't very good wins at those times either??? Genaro and Castillo were the man at those weights, and Castillo is the best LW since Pernell Whitaker as far as career and resume. And Mosley, man everyone wanted that fight when it happened, you know that.

Pac is greater right now, but it's closer than most make it out to be, especially given a lot of his wins were when someone was coming off a bad loss recently, notably Erik Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Well than you could pick apart Marquez and Pac as well, you know that as well as anyone.

Barrera is the only win that really couldn't be picked apart, judging by "picking apart someone's resume" which you seem to do.

So Floyd doesn't get credit for anything but Corrales and Hatton??? Wow.....the trolling is getting ridiculous on here since December 8th.
                Try not to make so obvious you're a fanboy with an agenda.

Comment

This is a discussion about ALL TIME GREATNESS, need I remind you.

Not a discussion about decent wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Corners, you know what? There are some intangibles that are never considered, but they cut to the chase. Its undeniable that Marquez, Pac, Barrera, etc... simply make for better fights. Floyd's fights may be tactical masterpieces for the boxing student. But, in a general sense....they are usually quite boring. He's a defensive, come and get me fighter. Like Pernell. People like to see action for their bucks. This a big problem for Floyd.

Comment

From the previous HOF/ATG poll, 2 things are clear: 1. Oscar DeLahoya no longer enjoys ATG status; 2. Pac has stronger ATG support than Floyd.

This seems to be a contradiction because Floyd has a better statistical record than Pac. How can this be explained? Has Floyd's reputation decreased like Oscar's?
                      It has to do with fighting Has been's who are shot fighters vs Fighting prime fighters at their best

Comment

Working...
                      X