Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What great fighters has he defeated............fat Oscar? Maybe another blown up WW fighting at 160 for some money cause at the time there were NO MW fighters? Tell what great competitor "Joppy"???? Tito???
    ow did he do against Winky or Calzache???
    He was a good fighter NOT a great fighter honestly very few on this forum know what "great" means!! Ray

Oscar & Tito were WWs
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      What great fighters has he defeated............fat Oscar? Maybe another blown up WW fighting at 160 for some money cause at the time there were NO MW fighters? Tell what great competitor "Joppy"???? Tito???
      He was a good fighter NOT a great fighter honestly very few on this forum know what "great" means!! Ray

"Lalalalala not a great fighter!"

Comment

Most people on here know Henry Cooper wasn't a southpaw.

You didn't.

Comment

Would be a competitive fight IMO.

Lean on Robinson though.

Prime Hopkins is a handful for anyone at 160 despite his resume not being too strong there.

Comment

You're not answering anything or providing any insight man. This isn't a comparison of Robinson's resume to Hopkins resume, this is a discussion about a head-to-head matchup. Talking about who guys beat and who is great who isn't means little when discussing what a head to head fight would look like. Further it really seems like you aren't familiar with a younger hopkins and that's the discussion here - prime hopkins vs 160 SRR.

Comment

Most of you have opinions on current fighters and thats all you think you know! You can read stats and then make comparisons off of common opponents but you don't know a thing about Methods and Techniques. You know nothing about "making" a fight and the way you talk about promotors is childish!
              If you can't see the difference between Sugar Ray Robinson and Bernard Hopkins why discuss these components. If everone who is considered knowledgeable from the boxing fraturnity agrees that Robinson is the Greatest Fighter ever (then & now) yet you morons think Hopkins is better I have nothing more to say to you. Your ignorance is astounding and your disrespect for all fighters in general is a disgrace!.... nite kids Ray

Comment

Most of you have opinions on current fighters and thats all you think you know! You can read stats and then make comparisons off of common opponents but you don't know a thing about Methods and Techniques. You know nothing about "aking" a fight and the way you talk about promotors is childish!
                If you can't see the difference between Sugar Ray Robinson and Bernard Hopkins why discuss these components. If everone who is considered knowledgeable from the boxing fraturnity agrees that Robinson is the Greatest Fighter ever (then & now) yet you morons think Hopkins is better I have nothing more to say to you. Your ignorance is astounding and your disrespect for all fighters in general is a disgrace!.... nite kids Ray
                ...you haven't read a single post on this thread have you?

Or maybe you have an you just don't know how to defend a point other than generalizations. If you would like to talk about the actual x's and o's of a possible Hopkins and Robinson fight, I'd be happy to join you. Why don't you get the ball rolling? Why don't you teach me something?
                Last edited by BigStereotype; 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Most of you have opinions on current fighters and thats all you think you know! You can read stats and then make comparisons off of common opponents but you don't know a thing about Methods and Techniques. You know nothing about "making" a fight and the way you talk about promotors is childish!
                  No one thinks Hopkins is better, but everyone has apparently seen more of him and processed what they saw better than you have.

You are completely dismissing him, which only happens because you are a very, very bitter and senile man.

Comment

I don't know why you feel the need to get on your high horse all the time.

You're not the only person here who has followed Boxing for a long time and as far as I can see, people are providing good arguments whilst you are giving nothing back in return to counter act that.

No one is saying Hopkins is greater than Robinson.

But, this isn't about that. It's about who would win in a fight. Believe it or not, a greater fighter can lose in a head to head match up against a less greater fighter.

No one would have an easy time with prime Hopkins at 160. And I'm not a fan of his either.

A guy with his size, skills, tools, chin and IQ is a handful for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      ...you haven't read a single post on this thread have you?

Or maybe you have an you just don't know how to defend a point other than generalizations. If you would like to talk about the actual x's and o's of a possible Hopkins and Robinson fight, I'd be happy to join you. Why don't you get the ball rolling? Why don't you teach me something?

He'll just talk about himself and remind you how feeble we all are compared to him. Two way discussions aren't his strong point.

Comment

Working...
                      X