No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm Shows His Worth, Split Win Over Macklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm Shows His Worth, Split Win Over Macklin

Lanxess-Arena, Cologne, Germany - Felix Sturm (36-2, 15KOs) won a twelve round split decision over a game Matthew Macklin (28-3, 19KOs) in a very exciting fight. The scores were 115-113 for Macklin, 116-112 for Sturm and 116-112 for Sturm.

[Click Here To Read More]

I am so ashamed, another robbery in Germany.

The judges ought to be tortured to death.

Comment

Macklin got robbed straight up, Sturm was actually standing toe to toe and wasnt using his jab much, but he didnt throw enough punches to win this fight. Macklin was fighting like a mexican brawler pressuring sturm and landing some good body shots that seemed to take their toll on Sturm later in the fight. I had it 8 rds to 4 in a very competitive fan friendly fight.

I hope there is a rematch on neutral territory because that is sad Macklin fought with a lot of heart and never showed no quit.

Comment

This was a clear hometown decision. Shame, shame, shame.

I haven't read the article yet, but the title suggests that whoever wrote it thought Sturm won. That's disgraceful.

Comment

Wow what fights do some of you watch calling robberies after every decision? It was a very close fight either way even if the scores may have been too wide for Felix

Comment

German Robbery

Another robbery in Germany. No one could argue Sturm won 8 of 12 rounds.

And a terribly biased article.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Wow what fights do some of you watch calling robberies after every decision? It was a very close fight either way even if the scores may have been too wide for Felix
              I would LOVE to see your scorecard there is no way in hell sturm won 6 rounds or more. In fact one could make a very strong case he won no more than 2 rounds.

Comment

Usually when a hometown champion wins a split decision -especially in Germany- it really means the other guy won. But this was no robbery. There wasn't much difference in the number of punches landed, but Sturm landed the better shots and dominated the championship rounds. It was close - damn close - but Sturm deserves to keep his belt. Even the UK commentators didn't think Macklin won.
                Last edited by jonesroy; 06-25-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

according to some on this forum...Scorecard Robberies only happen in the US

not saying this was a ROBBERY but it was much closer then 116-112 that is for sure, if anything if you scored it 116-112 it should have been for Macklin...NOT STURM

if I was Sergio Martinez, it is NO FUKIN WAY he should fight him in GERMANY, then again after he got robbed against Oscar, I can understand if Sturm doesn't want to fight in the US
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 06-25-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Absolute robbery!

Comment

Working...
                    X