No announcement yet.

The so called Black American style is'nt black or American

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-DOGS View Post
    Interesting, the Klitschko's, Adamek, Froch, Pirog, LaMotta, Pavlik, Calzaghe etc. must not "count".

Racist dip****.
    I think he was just yanking your chain, but you could add a bunch of names to that honky list. How about: Willie Pep, Basilio, Graziano, Zale, Billy Conn, Marciano, Fullmer, Pender, Dempsey, Tunney, Nino Benvenuti, Joey Maxim, Joey Giardello, etc.

Comment

No ones saying white or other races than african american fighters arent slick also or cant box..bhop was simply saying that pac never faught a slick black boxer..history has proven that all the atg were either black boxers or fighters who fought black boxers..the peps and dempseys chose not to fight them but that was decades ago and a different era..this is america the home of boxing and african americans inherit there style from the american culture just as white americans have but to say that they didnt evolve it into something else is almost disrespectful to the all time greats..it if wasnt for the joe walcotts, henry armstrong, robinsons, and alis, boxing would be alot different then it is today and bhops arguement is that manny has never fought someone who could imulate those great fighters..mannys not beating up any white americans also i think american boxing intimidates his camp.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
        No ones saying white or other races than african american fighters arent slick also or cant box..bhop was simply saying that pac never faught a slick black boxer..history has proven that all the atg were either black boxers or fighters who fought black boxers..the peps and dempseys chose not to fight them but that was decades ago and a different era..this is america the home of boxing and african americans inherit there style from the american culture just as white americans have but to say that they didnt evolve it into something else is almost disrespectful to the all time greats..it if wasnt for the joe walcotts, henry armstrong, robinsons, and alis, boxing would be alot different then it is today and bhops arguement is that manny has never fought someone who could imulate those great fighters..mannys not beating up any white americans also i think american boxing intimidates his camp.
        Pretty sure Willie Pep fought Sandy Sadler a couple of times. Also, unless I'm totally spacing on someone, I don't think there are any white american fighters for pac to fight right now.

Comment

Why do people still feel the need to bring this **** topic up all the time. Lay it to bed and stop worrying about what an ex convict has to say......

Comment

Originally posted by jpitt View Post
            Pretty sure Willie Pep fought Sandy Sadler a couple of times. Also, unless I'm totally spacing on someone, I don't think there are any white american fighters for pac to fight right now.

And what haooened when pep fought saddler?...riiiight

Comment

He won one and lost three. What's your point? You said he didn't fight black fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jpitt View Post
                He won one and lost three. What's your point? You said he didn't fight black fighters.
                I said they chose not too..fighting saddker is what made pep and atg also what i said..the arguement isnt what race is better so di t try to make it that..my point was all atg mix it up with american boxers and most of them are african americans..if ur nit trying ti disoute that than ur wasting ur time.

Comment

I said they chose not too..fighting saddker is what made pep and atg also what i said..the arguement isnt what race is better so di t try to make it that..my point was all atg mix it up with american boxers and most of them are african americans..if ur nit trying ti disoute that than ur wasting ur time.
                  Sorry for spelling apples spellcheck is ****y

Comment

Pep was at the very end of his career, past prime and still dominated Sandy in the second fight. Pep is rightly regarded as the superior fighter.

Comment

Is there something wrong with you keyboard? You're post seems all effed up. Anyhow, I'm not trying to make this discussion into anything or dispute anything. You said Willie pep didn't fight any black fighters and he clearly did in a fellow ATG in Saddler. Makes me think he probably fought and beat a bunch of other black fighters along the way. None of which really proves anything for the most part. I guess my main point is that you were just totally talking out of your ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X