No announcement yet.

Compubox is a Pile of Crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    That's because it is only used by HBO and no one else.
    ESPN uses it too.

Comment

I agree. CompuBox is the pro version of Olympic scoring. No need for that in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
        ESPN uses it too.
        I did not know that, I thought HBO had a copyright thing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I did not know that, I thought HBO had a copyright thing on it.
          Maybe you're right and it's not Compubox. I know ESPN has some sort of punchstat thing though.

Comment

I agree I can not stand when anyone uses compu-box numbers to justify scoring a fight a certain way.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              People only bring it up when they can use it to their advantage. When used against them, they simply say "compubox is garbage".
              Oscarsexuals (there are very few here, on ESB it's much worse) were the worst with this.

When he lost to Trinidad and Mosley in the rematch, they were somehow the worst decisions ever, because of Compubox. However, Compubox didn't mean anything against Whitaker, Sturm, and Mayweather, because they were "inaccurate" or "misleading" in THOSE instances.

Comment

I hate that, especially in close fights when a certain group of fans feel their man was robbed.

Comment

The one thing I do like about Compubox is seeing workrate. Punches thrown. Simply counting punches thrown should be pretty accurate.

Punches landed however, are a whole different story, and should never be taken seriously nor as a reasonable argument for saying someone won the fight.

I'm not sure what's worse, people bringing up punch stats to say someone won or saying "his face is more busted up".

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                    No self-respecting boxing fan would seriously use it to justify an argument.

That is all.

sometimes it's great and tells the story of exactly how a fight [played out.......other times it can be incredibly misleading.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                      IS not compubox counted by two fat guys in big eyeglasses?
                      Genaro Hernandez is one of the compubox techs.

Comment

Working...
                      X