No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Declines 50 Cent's Offer To Join SMS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Declines 50 Cent's Offer To Join SMS

(CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD.) - Gary Russell, Jr. (Capitol Heights, Md.) and his team, led by his father and trainer Gary Russell, Sr., are committed to their game plan for the undefeated featherweight's career. Russell has recently been courted by 50 Cent's SMS Promotions, but the 24-year-old has no plans to make changes to his team.

"Over the last few days, we've been getting a number of phone calls from 50 Cent's SMS Promotions. They want us to sign with their camp. I don't have anything against his team; but we are not interested...I'm not interested," Russell said. "Like I've said before Team Russell is not signed to any promotions team. I have a manager, Al Haymon, and he is the only person I'm signed with."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for him! Dirrell is crap, Gamboa busted, and Dib just lost. Ill be surprised if SMS lasts

Comment

50 cent doing whatever he can to stay in Al Haymon's dog house

Comment

Good move. Signing with 50, is the new Madden cover curse for boxing.

You might not lose, but you're going to look bad.

Comment

g russell jr is taking a page out of mayweathers book. smart moves

Comment

Smart! Going to 50 will likely get him beat as he might match him up with someone good in his first fight under SMS. Russell content on fighting bums for awhile until the coast is clear to collect a belt from De Leon, hopefully, according to him.

Comment

Probably a wise move.

Comment

Good he would stagnate Russell's care......oh wait

Comment

Lol 50 isn't smart to go after Haymon's fighters. Seems like he's trying to run SMS into the ground right now. 50 made a mistake when he figured boxing would be just like being in any other business.

Comment

sms

Those fighters sighned the contract thinking Floyd would be part of their team when he didn't show up and Floyd Sr. refused to put up with Dirrels BS the whole team became dead in the water.Its only a matter of time before they fold.I don't think dirrel will ever reach his full potential shame so many skills and so soft.

Comment

Working...
                    X