Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight proved why Miguel is the ultimate "mans man".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight proved why Miguel is the ultimate "mans man".

If I ever had man love for a dude it would be Miguel Cotto. The guy should be every mans hero/idol. He strives to be the very best and is the king of his art. He doesn't whine about anything and takes his hard luck and makes the best situation. Instead of sitting on the stool where he could of taken the fight to the cards after the cut he wanted to fight. People wonder why Cotto can sell out MSG jerking off? Its because the guy doesn't let his fans down. He gives every person that has even a little love for the sport a big smile. Not to mention he is a great family man. Miguel is a no non sense/bull**** guy and I have never respected a fighter more than I respect him.

I'll give you Cotto's sportsmanship and his all out respect for his fans and his opponents... that is very respectable.

But the guy just looked lazy, slow, and tired... especially after round 6. He had Clottey in a vulnerable position 100 times last night and he couldn't finish him off. I was at the fight last night, surrounded by 5 billion puerto ricans and i can tell you they thought the same thing at times during the fight.

He doesn't have a second gear... once he comes in for an exchange, he doesn't come back in for another go at it... he just lolly gags with his hands down to the other side of the ring and stands there waiting for Clottey.

He will lose his next fight if he fights Marg or Pac... because Margarito comes forward all the time and Cotto will back up the whole fight like he did last time... and Pac is faster and has that second gear, and he will jump at Cotto when he's lolly gagging with his hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      If I ever had man love for a dude it would be Miguel Cotto. The guy should be every mans hero/idol. He strives to be the very best and is the king of his art. He doesn't whine about anything and takes his hard luck and makes the best situation. Instead of sitting on the stool where he could of taken the fight to the cards after the cut he wanted to fight. People wonder why Cotto can sell out MSG jerking off? Its because the guy doesn't let his fans down. He gives every person that has even a little love for the sport a big smile. Not to mention he is a great family man. Miguel is a no non sense/bull**** guy and I have never respected a fighter more than I respect him.
      He ran like a girl..

Comment

Everyone here knows that I like Miguel..but he CLEARLY lost that fight. real talk. His defense has TOO many holes in it. May and Pac BOTH stop him. Thats real.

Comment

Miguel Cotto had way more heart than clottey tonight thas for sure. i scored the fight even but i dont think miguel won. But like ive said before every fighter walks away with a desicion that wasnt theres.

Delahoya- sturm
          Floyd Mayweather- Castillo 1 and Delahoya
          Paul Williams-Margarito
          Mosley-De la hoya 2
          Hatton-Collazo
          Paquiouo-Marquez
          etc

Comment

Cmon man you gotta check that Hero stuff... You putting him, a boxer on a high pedestol.. Great family man? I thought great family man would work out marriage troubles to keep his wiz and kids togather.

He is a solid fighter who is a class act, but on the real..hero status? Also there have been fighters who fight with big gashes or swollen foreheads as well.. they could have stopped, but they kept plugging away till the ref had to stop it.. (Vitali,MAB,Vargas,etc)

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
              Everyone here knows that I like Miguel..but he CLEARLY lost that fight. real talk. His defense has TOO many holes in it. May and Pac BOTH stop him. Thats real.
              Green K given... and wow... it's my 1000th post!

Comment

All I'll say is that Cotto survived but Clottey should have won thank goodness for the day of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                  Cmon man you gotta check that Hero stuff... You putting him, a boxer on a high pedestol.. Great family man? I thought great family man would work out marriage troubles to keep his wiz and kids togather.

He is a solid fighter who is a class act, but on the real..hero status? Also there have been fighters who fight with big gashes or swollen foreheads as well.. they could have stopped, but they kept plugging away till the ref had to stop it.. (Vitali,MAB,Vargas,etc)
                  if a MAYWEATHER fan made this SAME thread..he would be GAY, A NUTHUGGER, BLAH BLAH BLAH...it kills me! Good post. Green K right NOW!

Comment

Having said that, who's sack is next? Cause you did notice Cotto isn't going to beat no Mayweather, Pacquiao or even Mosley again. He's definitely not the same fighter. I always said, getting hit to the head that much in ALL of your fights doesn't lead to long careers and at 28 Cotto looks very damaged. His speed is not there, his stamina is even worse than it was before....

Comment

Working...
                    X