No announcement yet.

Top Rank and Gamboa in negotiations for Rios bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    That article was printed the day after the news broke that Gamboa hadn't shown up, right on this site. So both of you haven't been keeping up with things. But don't take back your gift, it's a nice gesture.
    You are mistaken, Edgar. That article was posted March 12, on another website. The first paragraph states that the interview was given on Monday. Then it goes on to say, "The events took place in Miami on March 5 and Los Angeles on March 6..." March 6 was a Tuesday. How could the interview be conducted on Monday, but refer to events that happened on the following day? Must be an anomoly in the space-time continuum.... lol
    Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Maybe I did miss it. It says Monday in the article so I assumed this Monday.
      No, you were correct. I just verified it by checking the source. The article is dated March 12.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        No, you were correct. I just verified it by checking the source. The article is dated March 12.
        I was gonna say CubanGuyNYC off on his Gamboa info? GTFOH haha.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          I was gonna say CubanGuyNYC off on his Gamboa info? GTFOH haha.
          I've been wrong on more important things.

But I've been trying to follow this Gamboa-Rios situation closely. Every nugget is like gold!

Comment

Nah go away for 2 years and ruin your career.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Yuri might have been training by himself, but his actual trainer just met him 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't want to go into combat under those circumstances.
              Exactly. I don't want a half-assed Gamboa to show up to this fight. He needs to be 100% and I hope HBO insists on this.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                You are mistaken, Edgar. That article was posted March 12, on another website. The first paragraph states that the interview was given on Monday. Then it goes on to say, "The events took place in Miami on March 5 and Los Angeles on March 6..." March 6 was a Tuesday. How could the interview be conducted on Monday, but refer to events that happened on the following day? Must be an anomoly in the space-time continuum.... lol

edgar got it all mixed up, this article is fresh , just came out of the oven

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  obviously they would push it back a month, which is awesome for me cuz i would be back form cuba!!!!!!!! everything happens for a reason
                  The next best opening would be May 12. April is already booked, May12 is the next opening or sometime in June, I really doubt Team Rios is gonna wait an extra 2 months just to make this fight.

Rios would overtrain for June and I doubt HBO would have three major fights in May.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Exactly. I don't want a half-assed Gamboa to show up to this fight. He needs to be 100% and I hope HBO insists on this.
                  Me neither, I don't want any excuses from either side, That's why I think this fight won't happen until June at the earliest.

Comment

This coward is gonna do whatever he can to poosy out of this fight. Gamhoe'a is a chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      The next best opening would be May 12. April is already booked, May12 is the next opening or sometime in June, I really doubt Team Rios is gonna wait an extra 2 months just to make this fight.

Rios would overtrain for June and I doubt HBO would have three major fights in May.

Me neither, I don't want any excuses from either side, That's why I think this fight won't happen until June at the earliest.
                      its funny you said that because i was talking about may 12th on another site yesterday, may 12th would be great

Comment

Working...
                      X