Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine Latest Ranking: Cotto stays at #7 P4P, Pac jumps to #1 Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    holy mother****a, it didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it.

they made pac #1 @ WW so pac/floyd will be for the Ring Title (added marketing ploy).

had they made pac #3 and floyd #2, then according to their rules, they can't fight for the vacant spot.

business as usual, sad but true.
    This is true. And if Pac-PBF (1 and 3) doesn't push thru....Mosley-Pac will still be for the lineal/RING title. (1 and 2)

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      Pretty favourable on Hopkins, Dawson and Pwill now. And I kinda like all them.

Is there a way I can automatically put anyone saying Mosely p4p #1 on ignore?

I thought they meant at 147.

Comment

I am more concerned with the Welterweight rankings than I am the P4P rankings. I'm not trying to rain on Pacquiao's parade, but Mosley should be #1 at 147. Here are a couple reasons why. First, like someone mentioned he beat the guy who was #1 to get to the top. Second, he didn't fight him at a a catch weight. And the fact that Pacquiao has only had two fights at the weight compared to Mosley's greater amount of fights there should also be taken into consideration. I don't like this move at all by Ring. And the funny thing is, you can't accuse them of being biased toward Golden Boy on this one unless they are trying to think of it as putting money in Oscar and Schaefer's pockets from the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. Because they sure are treating Mayweather better than they are Mosley when Mosley has fought better comp at 147 than Floyd has despite not bringing in as much money and interest.

Comment

2 Filipinos in the top 10...nice

Comment

Cotto was #3, so Pac should have been at that rank. The highest Pac could go is #2. Mayweather hasn't fought in 1 1/2 year before the JMM fight. JMM was also going up in weight. So, 2 or 3 is ok but Mosley deserved to be #1.

Comment

Working...
            X