Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Martinez vs. Prime Taylor @ 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Martinez vs. Prime Taylor @ 160?

who wins this one?
    Sergio Martinez KO/TKO
    10.53%
    Sergio Martinez Decision
    36.84%
    Jermain Taylor KO/TKO
    21.05%
    Jermain Taylor Decision
    31.58%

too close to call.
    People forget how good of a middleweight Taylor was

Comment

Taylor was a good MW but Martinez would have beaten him, 8-4 U.D.

Comment

Didn't this matchup pop up after he beat Pavlik? I'd go with Taylor, Martinez doesn't fight the style that would beat the Taylor that beat Hopkins.

Comment

A prime Taylor was a good 160-pounder. I'd need to see more of Martinez against top opposition at 160 to make a call.

Comment

the taylor that beat hopkins would beat martinez decisively even though martinez is really good

it would go the distance though

Comment

Martinez is quick and athletic, but @ 160 Taylor is not the best style matchup for him. I think it goes the distance but with Martinez' balance issues and openness to the counterpunch, I think he sees the canvas once or twice, giving Taylor the edge in a decision.

Comment

Honestly, I think Taylor would take that. He was a beast in his prime. He just didn't take his career seriously all the time, and fought the wrong type of fighter the wrong way.

Comment

I like Taylor but honestly.....what prime?

I didn't see much of a difference in him between when he fought Lacy and Froch then when he fought Hopkins and Ouma.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    I like Taylor but honestly.....what prime?

I didn't see much of a difference in him between when he fought Lacy and Froch then when he fought Hopkins and Ouma.
                    Punch resistance? Chin? Lacy wasn't very good, so it wasn't hard to look good against him. He was just overrated as s**t...

Comment

Working...
                    X