No announcement yet.

What a great way to HYPE up a fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
    I'd like to see Iran Barkley sit there and say that stuff to Benn.
    Barkley was faded by that time. In truth, IB was always a limited fighter.

I never liked Benn as a fighter.

Comment

If boxing promoters actually start promoting fights, boxing would get back in the mix as 1 of the top 3 sports in the US. The "i do my talking in the ring" crap has been the downfall of mainstream boxing, People like to talk about back in the days this and back in the days that, but back in the days boxers/promoters use to promote the hell out of their fights unlike they do now. Who's gonna watch if they don't put it out there?

That's why I fuk with GBP, they actually care about the sport of boxing and making it bigger by getting it out there and make their fighters bigger. They don't just settle for fans who only follow boxing for a living.
      Last edited by Kevin Jesus; 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
        If boxing promoters actually start promoting fights, boxing would get back in the mix as 1 of the top 3 sports in the US. The "i do my talking in the ring" crap has been the downfall of mainstream boxing, People like to talk about back in the days this and back in the days that, but back in the days boxers/promoters use to promote the hell out of their fights unlike they do now. Who's gonna watch if they don't put it out there?

That's why I fuk with GBP, they actually care about the sport of boxing and making it bigger by getting it out there and make their fighters bigger. They don't just settle for fans who only follow boxing for a living.
        KJ,

What has happened is that guys like Manny Pacquiao have brought new fans with them, but those fans know nothing about the history of the sport. They really only watch one fighter, and criticize/envy other fighters.

Since when was boring and uncharismatic the way to be?

SRR talked smack. SRL talked smack. Ali talked smack. Those guys would be in the media outside of fight promotions...keeping the sport relevant.

These new-to-the-game midgets don't know about "he can run, but he can't hide".

Comment

Yes. They should invite both fighters to a sit down on the major talk shows to generate more interest. Still, the fighters have to have that certain personality that generates interest, cause if a fighter has no charisma or enthusiasm it'll be hard to win over some audiences to the cause. But it's a great idea though.

Comment

Which reminds me. It may be fiction, but boxers should get a clue...

Comment

Working...
            X