Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Canelo vs. Cotto Bout is Still Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
    lose 2 fights in a row. Get a title shot
    This isn't about giving Cotto a title shot. Its about making him a stepping stone for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
      Canelo hasn't proven himself, that's the difference.

What is fighting an undersized, past his prime Cotto going to prove?
      The same thing that fighting a shot Mosley proved. Nothing but it makes money. Its ok for the p4p1 to do it? Canelos not a p4p fighter yet and hes not pretending to be. Whats Mannys excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
        This isn't about giving Cotto a title shot. Its about making him a stepping stone for Canelo.
        but a title holder should be fighting the best? not fighting guys who have lost 2 in a row. he did that with mosley, and cintron who lost 2 of 3 before alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          The WBC already told Canelo he's not allowed to fight Trout. Then again Canelo can always drop his belt and fight for Trout's but we know that won't happen.

With that being said, I'm not surprised at all by this. Trout should be glad he got this fight with Cotto cause I don't see him getting any other big shot any time soon.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Trout next best options are K9 Kirkland Molina all decent fights

Comment

I expect Canelo to fight K-9 Bundrage if he's not fighting Trout

Comment

I like Paulie as an announcer, hopefully that is in his future and not judging. I noticed in the past Cotto fights Paulie tends to hug a big on Cotto's nuts. Does that help him deal with getting his ass beat by Cotto?

Comment

Cotto has ZERO chance in winning a fight with Canelo ! Its a suicide mission!:ANYWORD:

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                  I like Paulie as an announcer, hopefully that is in his future and not judging. I noticed in the past Cotto fights Paulie tends to hug a big on Cotto's nuts. Does that help him deal with getting his ass beat by Cotto?
                  I agree. Paulies usually really good but last night he had too much Lampley in him. This reminded me of the Jaun Diaz vs Marquez fight. Manny Stewart and the HBO crew were all over Jaun Diaz' nuts all the way until Marquez knocked him out. I wonder if Showtime had a deal under the table between Cotto and Canelo already.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                    I think it's obvious it does...but (I think) it's also a case of him having respect and admiration for Cotto. You rarely see him bigging up Khan or Hatton, who also beat him up. We're all a bit bias when it comes to certain things, just human nature.

Comment

I'm sure Schaefer is drooling over the idea of this fight now.....it'll be like Canelo/Mosley 2.0

Comment

Working...
                      X