No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao Will Take The Tests, Not With USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao Will Take The Tests, Not With USADA

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has given the clearest indication yet that he is willing to abide by the conditions laid down by Floyd Mayweather in order to get a 2012 fight between the two pound for pound greats. Mayweather, 35, has insisted that Pacquiao agrees to USADA (US Anti-Doping Agency) random drug testing before any potential fight between them and the Filipino is willing to agree if certain terms can be met.

[Click Here To Read More]

making a request out of the request is just stupid at this point, you know what mayweather wants to do, you know who he has used for two fights in a row, you cant have it all on your terms, especially changing organizations.

this is not likely to produce a fight at all.

Comment

boxingscene...ur late. we've been arguing about this for a whole day. lol.

Comment

Thats dumb...Who do u want to do the testing?MLB?LOL

Comment

lol boxingscene is always late

Comment

well at any rate hopefully this wont be a sticking point. but if theres anyone whos good at getting sticking points its arum. but some ppl in here still think he wants to make this fight.

Comment

I don't really care if they use USADA or a private lab that does other pro sport testing.

Still that is such garbage reasoning

Comment

USADA has no jurisdiction over professional boxing. The US Congress has only given them authority over the Olympics, Paralympics, and Pan American Games. Plus...
                Mayweather changed his stance Saturday, moving off the hard line he had taken on using USADA as the testing agency.

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the fight but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to assure it will still be effective."

Schaefer said those talks are taking place between Bruce Binkow, a high-level Golden Boy executive, and Todd duBoef, the president of Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter.

"Todd and Bruce are trying to work out the specifics of the cutoff to assure the tests are still effective because we know that 30 days before is not effective," Schaefer said. "At 30 days, we might as well not even do it. We want to figure it out [the cutoff window] and I will give my recommendation to Team Mayweather, and they will be on board. USADA is the most recognized one, but if it's another one, like the Nevada commission, we don't really care. I don't care who performs the tests as long as they are performed. That's our position. If this fight doesn't happen it's not because of Team Mayweather."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4772853

So unless Floyd/GBP move the goal posts inexplicably again... what's the problem?

They got the random, unlimited testing that's supposedly prevented Floyd from fighting Pacquiao (). So let the commission, aka the organization that has authority over the match, conduct the testing with WADA overseeing them. Problem solved.

/Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  Thats dumb...Who do u want to do the testing?MLB?LOL
                  Not sure. I guess they want WADA (World Anti-Doping Association) to do it.

Comment

lol and i thought manny and arum agreed to floyds testing demand.Now
                    they dont want usada to do the testing lmao.

Comment

Working...
                    X