No announcement yet.

Boxer or Brawler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    If the sport was nothing but Mayweathers, Calderons, Broners, it would NOT be on TV. The sport was built commercially on brawlers and boxer/punchers. Historically, pure boxers or "boring" fighters have had to utilize additional methods to sell fights such as taking on a loud, brash, trash talking persona to generate public interests or throwing down flags of the opposing fighter's country.
    no lover for swarmers and sluggers?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      no lover for swarmers and sluggers?
      I would but them in that category. For example, what would you call Ray Mancini?

Comment

'Brawling' takes skill too, you know. In fact, its in many cases more difficult to keep good defense going foward than going backwards.

I always laugh at people that think that 'hit and dont get hit' means 'fight defensively'. Youre missing the 'hit' part.

also, most of the best fighters of all time are actually offensive fighters. Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran, Louis, Langford, etc.

when it gets down to it, the winner is the one who does more damage. Defense is still an integral part of boxing without a shadow of a doubt, but I dislike how people think that fighters that come forward have 'less skill' when reality its actually the opposite.

Comment

Pressure fighters Antonio Margarito

Comment

Whatever the type Juan Manuel Marquez is.

Comment

Working...
            X