No announcement yet.

Boxers that use Drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
    Neither Hatton or Calzaghe were caught using cocaine or any other form of banned substance during their boxing careers. To be fair Hatton hadnt officially retired but he hadnt fought or been in training for about 2 years.
    Admittance is proof, but I see your point about being retired, thats the reason I never put Calzaghe in there. But Hatton was punished by the BBBofC did punish Hatton for his offence, because he had not officially retired.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Tommy Morrison used steroids?

Though he never failed a test he admitted to using them, saying that cause a false reading for his HIV positive result.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Though he never failed a test he admitted to using them, saying that cause a false reading for his HIV positive result.
        Beginning in 2006, Morrison launched another comeback bid, alleging that his positive HIV tests had been false positives or that he was a victim of a plot by a rival boxer.[12] The Nevada boxing commission's medical advisory board reviewed Morrison's status and concluded that the HIV positive results were "ironclad and unequivocal."[13] The commission's Keith Kizer stated, "I hope he's HIV negative, I really do, but it doesn't seem likely...We'll wait and see what happens. He said he's been tested several times in recent years, but (we'll ask) what happened from 1996 and 2002, the years he won't talk about."[13] Morrison said he tried to get a copy of the original test results. "We've asked, but they can't come up with it," he said. "I don't think it ever existed."[13] USA Today reported that "Goodman said that's nonsense: 'All Mr. Morrison has to do is contact the laboratory, and they would immediately release the results to him.'"[13]

Unable to box where governing bodies required HIV testing, Morrison had several fights in places where testing was not required.[14][15][16] The Kansas City Star called his last fight, in Wyoming in early 2009, a "staged" event that could be found on YouTube as "Tommy Morrison's fake fight."[3] Morrison also fought an unsanctioned fight on the sovereign territory of the Yavapai-Apache Nation in Arizona, where the state boxing commission does not have jurisdiction. The fight was originally scheduled to follow normal mixed martial arts rules, but was changed on the night of the event to first to exclude ground-fighting, then to exclude kicks, knees, or elbows.[12][17] Where HIV tests were required, Morrison refused to take them. The RACJ, the boxing commission for Quebec, required a routine, supervised HIV test of Morrison in advance of a scheduled 2011 fight. Morrison declined to take the test.[18]

Morrison says he received anywhere from three[19] to six[15] negative HIV test results from the time of his incarceration for a drug conviction in 2000-2001 through 2007, but others dismiss these purported results as fraudulent or forged. Although West Virginia did not require a blood test before Morrison's 2007 fight, Morrison submitted a negative HIV test result "just to satisfy them."[15] However, according to the New York Times, it was not clear that "anyone monitored the...blood draw,"[11] leading to suspicions of switched blood samples. Despite a reported negative test result in Arizona in 2007,[19] the state commission did not clear Morrison to fight, and the Philadelphia Daily News reported that there "seems to be some question about" whether the tested blood was Morrison's own.[2] Also in 2007, the Arizona Republic reported that Morrison had again tested positive for HIV. A former associate alleged that Morrison had tested positive as late as January, 2007, and accused Morrison of "blood tampering and fraud" or forging test results.[12][13] Doctors hired by various news organizations to review Morrison's test results expressed skepticism about the negative results.[11][19][3]

Morrison continued to dispute his HIV-positive status but admitted confusion about the difference between the HIV test, which determines whether a person has contracted the virus, and the viral load test, which measures the level of virus in the blood: "What the doctors would tell me is that the HIV is undetectable. 'We can't find it, but it's not a negative test.' I didn't understand that," he told ESPN.[15] Antiviral medications such as those taken by Morrison after his diagnosis[7] often reduce the amount of circulating virus to an undetectable level, but this does not mean that the person is no longer infected. A test conducted in California found that Morrison was HIV positive but that his viral load was below the limit of detection.[2]

By 2011, Morrison began to make various fringe claims, saying that he was able to teleport himself or regrow limbs, and that he should be able to box without HIV testing because HIV itself does not exist:[3] "I'm living proof that HIV is a myth."[2] He had made a similar statement in 1998, when he told ESPN that "HIV can’t be transmitted sexually anyway, unless it’s man to man. HIV is a harmless disease (sic) that does not cause AIDS."[9] In 2011, the Kansas City Star reported that although Morrison appeared superficially healthy, his skin was sagging, his reflexes were slow, and he had lesions on his hands and arms that resembled Kaposi's sarcoma, an AIDS-defining cancer.[3] HIV, the viral cause of AIDS, has killed millions of individuals worldwide,[20] including several people associated with the boxing industry, such as boxer Ruben Palacios and the former fiancee of HIV-positive boxer Lamar Parks.[2]
        From wiki. I know wiki isn't the be all end all but I don't see any admittance.

Can you post the reference for his steroid admittance?

Comment

From wiki. I know wiki isn't the be all end all but I don't see any admittance.

Can you post the reference for his steroid admittance?
          he aint lyin, i've seen it on video, use google

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
            he aint lyin, i've seen it on video, use google
            Got it.

http://www.boxingscene.com/tommy-mor...v-result--7969

Comment

kirkland laing- weed

Comment

Mariano Carrera tested positive for the anabolic steroid clenbuterol following his World Boxing Association (WBA) junior middleweight title victory over Javier Castillejo in Berlin.

Found this
                CLenbuterol is definitely a PED, but it isn't really a steroid

Comment

James toney vs ruiz - James was found to be on roids after that fight and it was turned to a no contest and was stripped of the belt he won.

Idk if this counts but member Luis resto and that documentary he had he said their trainer used to put that asthma medication or what ever it was to open there lungs up for Aaron Pryor and resto.

Comment

I found this on that drug Roy took and can someone plz explain if it don't do anything what's the point of it.

The "Andro-Project", conducted by Medical researchers at East Tennessee State University, showed that the supplement "Andro"(androstenedione/androstenediol) does not increase muscle mass or strength.[4] [5] [6]

Biological effects

Androstenedione has been shown to increase serum testosterone levels over an eight-hour period in men when taken as a single oral dose of 300*mg per day, but a 100*mg dose had no significant effect on serum testosterone. However, serum levels of estradiol increased following both the 100*mg and 300*mg doses. The study also reported that the serum level of estrogens and testosterone produced varied widely between individuals.[7] A 2006 review paper summarized several studies which examined the effect of androstenedione on strength training. At dosages of 50*mg or 100*mg per day, andro had no effect on muscle strength or size, or on body fat levels. One study utilized a daily dosage of 300*mg of androstenedione combined with several other supplements, and also found no increase in strength when compared to a control group that did not take the supplements. The review authors speculate that sufficiently high doses may indeed lead to increased muscle size and strength. However, due to the federal ban on androstenedione supplements, it is difficult to carry out new research on its positive and negative effects. The review authors conclude that individuals should not use androstenedione supplements due to the lack of evidence of beneficial effects, the wide variation in individual responses to the supplement, and the risk of unknown side effects.[8]

Because androstenedione is converted in part to estrogens, people taking this supplement may have estrogenic side-effects, although none of the studies cited above used a sufficiently high dosage to draw any conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                    X