No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO, Sauerland Event In Talks To Showcase Marco Huck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO, Sauerland Event In Talks To Showcase Marco Huck

In its continued efforts to showcase boxing talent from around the globe, HBO is currently in talks to begin showcasing cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck, according to several sources.

Sauerland Event, the company whom promotes Huck confirmed through its verified Twitter account that discussions have already taken place for the longtime cruiserweight titlist to appear on the network in the near future. An accompanying photo showed HBO Sports President Ken Hershman, Huck and Kalle Sauerland posing in a restaurant in Hamburg, Germany last Friday.

“I'm a big fan of Marco Huck,” Hersman told German tabloid BILD. “We are in talks with Kalle Sauerland to show Marco Huck on our network as soon as possible. ‘Cap’n Huck’ can become a star in the United States with his exciting boxing style.” [Click Here To Read More]

A Huck-Lebedev rematch would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      A Huck-Lebedev rematch would be great.
      Totally, especially now that Lebs has nothing to do after the G.Jones fiasco. And as with sooooo many Huck matches, I scored it 115-113 for Lebs in their fight. I doubt the HBO crowd would eat up Huck's style as much as Golovkin's, though. He fights too much in late spurts and does fuck-all for the rest of the round.

Comment

Chakhkiev vs Huck,make it happen.

Comment

Hopefully a match between Huck and champion Hernandez can be made before Huck moves up. That would be a cracking Inter-stable fight and a perfect showcase on HBO.

Comment

HBO going big on European warriors, about time.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 05-12-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I know I'm going to come off as a hater, but is this the result of HBO severing ties with GBP?

Marco Huck... a star in the US? I mean where do they come up with this stuff? This guy fights in a division with 0 Americans. A division that hardcore boxing fans ignore, let alone casuals. Unless this leads to Huck-Hernandez...which it won't...what's the point?

Comment

I don't think there is a market for a guy like Huck. As a big fan of boxing I'm not interested in seeing him fight nor his lack luster division. HBO needs to invest in young and exciting talent. SHO has such a better, brasher, and younger brand of talent.

Comment

Huck has been mentioning a HW move recently. Wouldn't be surprised if HBO backs a HW run, but if he stays at CW, there's no shortage of good fights to be made. I think that's the point, HBO wants exciting fights to match their Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    I know I'm going to come off as a hater, but is this the result of HBO severing ties with GBP?

Marco Huck... a star in the US? I mean where do they come up with this stuff? This guy fights in a division with 0 Americans. A division that hardcore boxing fans ignore, let alone casuals. Unless this leads to Huck-Hernandez...which it won't...what's the point?
                    The point is boxing fans enjoy watching exciting fighters in entertaining fights and Huck is rarely in a boring one.

There don't need to any Americans in the division, just look at the success of Gennady Golovkin and Sergey Kovalev in their respective divisions.

No running, no hugging, just action.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-12-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X