Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten greatest Green Teef films I ever saw...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brittish Boobs 13. Thats a classic. Also C0ckney C0ck sluts 3.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

keeping up appearances, and fawlty towers. i had them on vhs growing up. it's probably been 10 years since i've seen them
      Fawlty Towers has been repeated on main TV in the last few weeks.

Love it, shame there were only 12 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        Keeping Up Appearances, **** me.

That was the title of Rockin's autobiography, actually.

You seen Brief Encounter, son?

nope. hyacinth and manuel.

Comment

I'm surprised those sitcoms play over there. Fawlty Towers I can understand (even though I've never seen the appeal myself) but KUA is MOR for old ladies.

On topic, what do we think about these new breed of UK movies that are faux Fat Yank?

Often they're a little more subversive than mainstream Hollywood would allow, but can I really rank them here when they're not really English in the full sense? Although it wouldn't make my top ten by any stretch, I thought this year's Dredd was good (honestly... forget the Stallone stuff) but more specifically there was Kick Ass. Shot in the UK doubling for Fat Yankland (Superman II was filmed over here, don't forget) and featuring a cast putting on Yank accents, it even has Nicolas Cage in it, and I thought it was a Fat Yank film. Can that really be credited as a "British" movie when it apes the style of another? (Though I guess purists could say the same about some of Kurosawa's work).

Comment

Just to recap so far....

Brief Encounter (1945)
            Dead Of Night (1945)
            Brighton Rock (1947)
            Odd Man Out (1947)
            Get Carter (1971)
            A Clockwork Orange (1971)
            The Long Good Friday (1980)

Comment

the human centipede II. green teeth crowing achievement

Comment

Another odd one there, as the director was a Hurdy Gurdy or a Schneller, wasn't he?

Yet he decides to make the sequel here (with some dodgy actors).

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  more specifically there was Kick Ass. Shot in the UK doubling for Fat Yankland (Superman II was filmed over here, don't forget) and featuring a cast putting on Yank accents, it even has Nicolas Cage in it, and I thought it was a Fat Yank film.
                  It was filmed on location in Canada around the Toronto and Hamilton area.

Comment

If Deliverance was a Green Toofed Brit film >>>>>

"I say there old chap! Would you kindly lower your breeches for some ace buggery?"

"My breeches love?'

"Oh do bloody hell remove the knickers!"

Comment

There's another example: Bride of Frankenstein.

Classic movie, 90% of the cast are Green Teefs (even Frankenstein loves tea) and it's directed by a Green Teef. Probably with a screenplay by a Green Teef as well, obviously the source text is by one.

But it was made from the profits of burgers.

Comment

Working...
                      X