No announcement yet.

ESPNs Best Boxers of 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPNs Best Boxers of 2012

ESPN is running a list of the best boxers of 2012 from a list of 8 fighters.

According to ESPN the leading list is as follows:

1. Robert Guerrero
    2. Nonito Donaire
    3. Juan Manual Marquez
    4. Andre Ward
    5. Danny Garcia
    6. Leo Santa Cruz
    7. Carl Froch
    8. Brian Villoria

Not surprising is that Froch Villoria who perhaps receive the least coverage stateside of the fighters listed are ranked the bottom 2.

My personal list is as follows.

1. Nonito Donaire
    2. Juan Manual Marquez
    3. Carl Froch
    4. Danny Garcia
    5. Brian Villoria
    6. Leo Santa Cruz
    7. Robert Guerrero
    8. Andre Ward

Feel free to post a list of who you have selected, you can also vote for your selection from the following link: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank...36/versionId/2

The NAMES are good but the order is completely off.

Comment

Guererro at 1?! SMFH. I like RG a lot and I'm happy as hell for him that he's reached the level that he has, but please.

Aydin & Berto gets you best boxer of 12'? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Guererro at 1?! SMFH. I like RG a lot and I'm happy as hell for him that he's reached the level that he has, but please.

Aydin & Berto gets you best boxer of 12'? Seriously?

Why not? He went up 2 weight classes after a career threatening injury and beat the **** out of an highly regarded amateur, undefeated in near 30 fights, top 10 ranked powerpuncher, he then wrecked Berto who was a huge welter, highly regarded, strong as an ox with very fast and heavy hands.

The Ghost is a G! His 2012 run was marvelous & he was wrote off pretty much on both occasions by many.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Why not? He went up 2 weight classes after a career threatening injury and beat the **** out of an highly regarded amateur, undefeated in near 30 fights, top 10 ranked powerpuncher, he then wrecked Berto who was a huge welter, highly regarded, strong as an ox with very fast and heavy hands.

The Ghost is a G! His 2012 run was marvelous & he was wrote off pretty much on both occasions by many.
          Yeah I guess...I mean I agree, RG is a G -- and I do think he had a fine, fine year. But top spot good? IDK

Comment

Good list. Don't forget, Guerrero was a 3:1 underdog against Berto. I'd have to put Ward above Marquez. His domination over Dawson was honestly much more impressive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

I like RG alot, but Aydin was very limited, a mere brawler and Berto was always overhyped. Personally I favoured him over Berto.

That said, I think there are more deserving fighters than Robert despite what he has had to overcome and go through.

Comment

I've checked the #'s twice..... Both times I was surprised

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  ESPN is running a list of the best boxers of 2012 from a list of 8 fighters.

According to ESPN the leading list is as follows:

1. Robert Guerrero
                  2. Nonito Donaire
                  3. Juan Manual Marquez
                  4. Andre Ward
                  5. Danny Garcia
                  6. Leo Santa Cruz
                  7. Carl Froch
                  8. Brian Villoria

Not surprising is that Froch Villoria who perhaps receive the least coverage stateside of the fighters listed are ranked the bottom 2.

My personal list is as follows.

1. Nonito Donaire
                  2. Juan Manual Marquez
                  3. Carl Froch
                  4. Danny Garcia
                  5. Brian Villoria
                  6. Leo Santa Cruz
                  7. Robert Guerrero
                  8. Andre Ward

Feel free to post a list of who you have selected, you can also vote for your selection from the following link: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank...36/versionId/2
                  How are you judging, by emmotional attatchment or by who they fought and beat?
                  Nonito has yet to fight a guy he needs to fight/we all want to see him fight.

Comment

Im not a fan of Nonito but I cant deny he deserves the 2012 #1 fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X