Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior Dos Santos wants to win Olympic Gold Medal in Boxing and Box Professionally.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Dos Santos wants to win Olympic Gold Medal in Boxing and Box Professionally.

Newly crowned UFC heavyweight champion, Junior Dos Santos is contemplating an Olympic boxing run in an attempt to earn a medal for his home country of Brazil when the Olympic Games head to the South American country in 2016.

Having built his name on his hands and boxing skills, both Dos Santos and his coach feel that he has what it takes to be a success, earn a medal and possibly a future in professional boxing.

Here is what Dos Santos had to say on the matter:

“My trainings begin and end with Boxing. There’re dynamics and strategies I’m already used to. But I’ll test myself, it’s inevitable. Who knows I get an Olympic medal. Everything’s possible.”

His Coach, Luiz Carlos Dorea, chimed in with the following:

“The adaptations from Boxing to MMA are complexes. You gotta be careful about blocking the kicks and takedowns. If he’s already above average combining all those things, imagine when he fights traditional Boxing. The chances he’ll shine are huge, both on professional and Olympic Boxing.”

There are obvious roadblocks in their ambitions, most notably, Juniors UFC contract. In the past, UFC officials have not been kind to fighters who want to compete in multiple combat sports simultaneously, however maybe JDS will be the exception to the rule.

We are also talking about four-years from now, so anything can happen between now and then.

What do you guys think, can JDS make a run in the “sweet science”?

He says he really loves the sport of Boxing and would like to master the craft of the sweet science.

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/11/22/uf...ce=twitterfeed

Best of luck to him, best hands in the HW division

Comment

Why not. Good luck to him.

This might be a bit of a stupid question but if he were to turn professional in boxing; would he be in the heavyweight division?

Comment

his boxing skills and footwork is VERY IMPRESSIVE, he moves very well for his size

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          Why not. Good luck to him.

This might be a bit of a stupid question but if he were to turn professional in boxing; would he be in the heavyweight division?

Yes of course he is 6ft4 & 240lbs.

Comment

he throws alot of loopy punches, but they are power loops

Comment

The guy is a great athlete

but if he doesnt learn how to quit throwing those wide ass pucnhes, then he's gonna be in a world of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                he throws alot of loopy punches, but they are power loops
                The right trainer can fix that!

Comment

Working...
                X