Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    This would be a great fight to see. Floyd and his shell deffense going up against Hearns and his awesome offensive arsenal. Will Floyd be able to shoulder roll and pot shot his way to victory? Or will Hearns penetrate that shell and force Floyd into the pocket and fight. Hearns and that straight right hand vs Floyd and his laser beam lead right. Hearns pumping out that rope of a jab and follwoign it with the right digging to the body. Floyd standing right in front of him making him miss and returning fire. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Don't just vote I want to hear a post on how you think the fight would have played out. I listed a number of factors including the reff anf the ring size.....Lefty

Weight: 147
    Ring: 20 x 20 Feet (smaller ring)
    Gloves: 8 Ounces (punchers gloves)
    Refferee: Kenny Bayless (does not liek clinching)
    Venue: Michigan Stadium (capacity 107,501)

assuming the fight took place at Welter weight, if FMJ only has decisicion in mind then Tommy will win 9 round to 3, tommy will only lose if his opponent turn in to brawler, and not just brawler but FOTY brawler, can FMJ do that???

Comment

• Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      Hearns murders Floyd. I can tell you how to beat Floyd Mayweather. You need to be bigger, have better reach,be taller and stronger you also need to have a great jab, speed, skills and great punching power. Its a lot to ask for, but Hearns has it all. Its a bad matchup and Hearns steamrolls Floyd.
      not this complicated, look at all floyds fights against high B-borderline A level boxers, he had a tough time with each, all you have to do is be a better boxer, floyd isn't as smart as he's hyped up to be, most atg's would outsmart and beat the **** outta him
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 07-24-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss Don View Post
        i aint tryna compare Corrales to Hearns im just saying thats what the fight would like

look man Tommy Hearns was great no doubt im saying not that but i know the boy didn't have a chin he got 5 losses and 4 by knockout

I just see Floyd outboxing him Tommy getting rocked late and the fight and being stopped

with 1540 post,dozen red and more point than me, u still post that kind of sheett???

Comment

• Mismatch....... In Hearns favor

Comment

• There isn't a ring big enough to help Mayweather slide away from Hearns' punches. Hearns is going to connect a lot more (and a lot harder) than anyone Mayweather fought in his lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              This is one of those fantasy fights were I could see Mayweather losing.

Hearns was not your typical WW, which is where I could only see this fight happening.

I'm not counting Floyd out.

But with the height, reach advantage, and that type of punching power Hearns showed, it would be a TOUGH night.

Hearns had knock you dead power.

He knocked out Cruiserweights, at the end of his career.

I just think he is too big for Mayweather.
              I'm completely counting Floyd out. I don't usually do that with any ATG vs. ATG discussion, but in this case I always have. Floyd simply isn't knocking Hearns out, and if you don't knock prime Hearns at welterweight out you are not beating him. I'd give Floyd a ton of credit if he could make it the final bell, and that's the most I could see him doing.

Comment

• If there was a guy like the hit man around today do people honestly think Floyd would even seriously entertain the thought of fighting him?

If Floyd comes to survive he loses via wide U.D.

If Floyd comes to win he gets stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travdog View Post
                  I couldn't disagree more.

Yes Hearns has advantages in height and reach. But Floyd is quicker, is a more balanced fighter, has better defense and technique is a better counterpuncher and has a better chin.

There is a false logic out there than a bigger longer man is who beats Floyd. I feel a defensive fighter has the best chance. In the few moments in which Floyd struggle in his career is when he could not get his offense going. He opens himself up a bit and is easier to hit.

I think Sweet Pea and Leonard would've have given him a better fight.

Getting back to Hearns and Floyd. I have seen him against tall fighters he has always excelled (non of those guys compare to Hearns) but you have to judge based on the evidence that is before you. I have seen Hearns outboxed, and knocked out late by Leonard. Floyd is of that cloth.
                  Why are some of you guys talking like Hearns is going to stand back and play tag with Floyd? Leonard had power, something Floyd doesn't have. Hearns won't think twice about just coming in and mauling him.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
                    Why are some of you guys talking like Hearns is going to stand back and play tag with Floyd? Leonard had power, something Floyd doesn't have. Hearns won't think twice about just coming in and mauling him.
                    Floyd no power? where does this myth come from? Hes the only person i ever seen rock De La Hoya! 5,6th rounf on the ropes in case you dnt know, Hearns was porcelin compared to De La Hoya, Floyd gets in his chest like Ward against Froch and bangs away,

Comment

• Originally posted by istmeno View Post
                      that line alone disqualifies anything else you have to say. Tommy gave ray a boxing lesson in their first fight. ray out slugged tommy late, and wore tommy down. but by no stretch did ray even come close to outboxing tommy.
                      Tommy outboxed him early, Ray outboxed him in the middle rounds, Tommy turned the tide til Ray hurt him and took him out late.

Please tell me that's not the fight you saw.

Comment

Working...
                      X