No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin: Martinez Can't Cope With My Intensity, Desire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin: Martinez Can't Cope With My Intensity, Desire

MATTHEW MACKLIN is convinced he can upset the odds when he faces Sergio Martinez in the early hours tomorrow.

[Click Here To Read More]

Paul Williams was a busy fighter too but he hit the canvass.

I hope Macklin wins anywhere, he works hard but Martinez has seen that before.

Comment

Sure he can. Williams was a pressure fighter with a very high punching output, and Pavlik was also bigger than Martinez, yet he was dominated. Macklin will give everything and will make a good fight for the first few rounds, but I think that Martinez will end the fight in the last part of the fight, probably between rounds 9-12.

Comment

Good to hear, lad! Unfortunately, you can't match Steroidgio's fleetness of hand and foot, and overall ring intelligence. . . You just don't have the power or speed to make up for the huge gap in boxing skill. . .

However, Martinez is weak on the inside, and doesn't really know how to roll with punches, nor use any kind of defensive guard or posturing to block or deflect punches. His ONLY defense is his fast feet, enabling him skeet away from danger. . . Macklin is the biggest, heaviest MW since Pavlik, and Mackiln utilizes a different style for Martinez that he could either EAT ALIVE, or, not look so good against. . .

90% sure he eats Macklin's plodding, only come forward style, straight up. . . Martinez TKO 8.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Good to hear, lad! Unfortunately, you can't match Steroidgio's fleetness of hand and foot, and overall ring intelligence. . . You just don't have the power or speed to make up for the huge gap in boxing skill. . .

However, Martinez is weak on the inside, and doesn't really know how to roll with punches, nor use any kind of defensive guard or posturing to block or deflect punches. His ONLY defense is his fast feet, enabling him skeet away from danger. . . Macklin is the biggest, heaviest MW since Pavlik, and Mackiln utilizes a different style for Martinez that he could either EAT ALIVE, or, not look so good against. . .

90% sure he eats Macklin's plodding, only come forward style, straight up. . . Martinez TKO 8.
          This is very false. Macklin is considerably smaller than barker..

I wouldn't be suprised if him and sergio are teh same size come opening bell. Sergio is actually half an inch taller with a 3 inch reach advantage, I expect him to weigh 165-171 on fight night, with Macklin weighing around the same. Hell, they both weighed 156 damn near at the weigh in, that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            This is very false. Macklin is considerably smaller than barker..

I wouldn't be suprised if him and sergio are teh same size come opening bell. Sergio is actually half an inch taller with a 3 inch reach advantage, I expect him to weigh 165-171 on fight night, with Macklin weighing around the same. Hell, they both weighed 156 damn near at the weigh in, that says it all.
            Are you serious Martinez weighing in at 171 when he walks around when hes not training at 165 he will be no higher then 165 i guarantee you.

Comment

Majority of people on here will only of seen Macklins Sturm fight, just like i said for barker when people were saying he was just a bum he is a really decent fighter don't know wtf happened with him getting ko'd because that shot wasn't anything special most of Martinez's shots were on the gloves all night long and he looked terrible i'll say it now macklin's a better fighter then barker all day and night long and hes not coming off injury like barker was so this should be an interesting fight especially if Martinez underestimates macklin like he did barker don't write macklin off.

Comment

Martinez can turn it up a gear that Macklin shouldn't be able to cope with if it goes that route.. It's true though what was mentioned about him not being that good close range but he's also cagier than given credit for with his movembt at close range and his VERY sneaky close range left. He angles his arm in a weird way and lands a type of modified left straight. He landed it on P will a lot and its the punch he "koed" Cintron with. He's not a short upper/hooking machine up close but he has his tricks.

Imo, Martinez is one of the best fighters in the sport who transition from fighting going back to going forward in an instant. His semi weak point with close range fighting is protected in a way by his great timing with the left. Cintron tried to smother him and paid on the way in. Pavlik couldn't get into rhythm either, Sergiy was demolished trying to get close, P. Will got KOd for trying to come in as well. I like macklin and hope not to see him face first like P.Will and Dzinziruk but if he comes in too reckless, he will at some point eat a left..lets see if he can handle it. Macklin is better than some give him credit for here, but Martinez SHOULD win this. This is boxing thiugh and nothing is a sure deal.

Edit: Oh and the one that KOd Barker landed to the ear perfectly. He had a burst ear drum courtesy of Sergio and the last punch to the burst eardrum ruined him.
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-17-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I laugh at all the people on here that are judging the fight only on Martinez's skills and are completely overlooking macklin

Comment

I think this fight is 65-35 in Martinez's favor. With that said, I'm choosing Macklin by SD. Not a lot of logic with this prediction, I'm just going with my gut and thinking that if Macklin has developed a solid jab, coupled with his inside capability/toughness, he'll give Martinez issues. Martinez can be out-worked as well because he fights in spurts. I'll give Martinez plenty of credit if he wins by KO. But, I'm expecting a slight upset here, I think the gambling odds are way too unbalanced. It wouldn't be a bad idea to throw some cash on Mack imho.

Comment

Working...
                    X