Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will a "prime" Michael Moore be remembered at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will a "prime" Michael Moore be remembered at Heavyweight?

Michael was one of the top southpaw heavyweights champions in the last 30 years.

Will he solely be remembered for his KO loss to Foreman or will he be remembered as one of the first to defeat Holyfield behind Bowe and one of the best Light Heavyweights turned heavyweights in the 90's?

Thoughts?
    Foreman's KO victim
    69.23%
    One of the best southpaw cruiserweight turned heavyweights
    15.38%
    Just another champion
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM.

As a controversial documentary filmmaker.

Comment

I just finished reading Teddy Atlas' book and it outlines Moorers' fights with him

Moorer was a good fighter but a mental midget

He lost to Foreman but was kicking his ass until the KO and also beat a prime Holyfield (even tho Holyfield looked 80% of himself)

A very quality fighter

Comment

I never really like him after he beat Evander, but I was rather excited when Old Foreman knocked him out. I will never forget that moment.

Comment

Unfortunately I think he'll be remembered as either the first or third option, leaning toward the first.

Comment

Michael Moorer was a damn good fighter. Not an ATG HW or anything, but he should be rememberd as a very good LHW turned HW, who beat some pretty good fighters. He's certainly better than Chris Arreola, Samuel Peter, Tomasz Adamek, Kirk Johnson, etc.

He did have wins over Delgado, Thompson, Allen, Holyfield, Schulz, Botha, and Bean. He had some good wins on there and a great win over Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              Michael Moorer was a damn good fighter. Not an ATG HW or anything, but he should be rememberd as a very good LHW turned HW, who beat some pretty good fighters. He's certainly better than Chris Arreola, Samuel Peter, Tomasz Adamek, Kirk Johnson, etc.

He did have wins over Delgado, Thompson, Allen, Holyfield, Schulz, Botha, and Bean. He had some good wins on there and a great win over Holyfield.
              I remember when Holyfield lost to him in that first fight; when Holyfield had the beard lol

That's when they thought that Holyfield had some heart problem. I was definitely on the bandwagon in the Moore-Holyfield rematch when Evander knocked him down like 6 times lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Unfortunately I think he'll be remembered as either the first or third option, leaning toward the first.
                That's kind of what I was thinking.

It is unfortunate because he was the next best thing to Holyfield (great cruiserweight turned heavyweight).

Comment

Moorer never fought at cruiser

Comment

"moorer"

flourished in a time when the HW division was exponentially better than it is today...

i remember him mostly due to his loss to foreman...

but his win over jirov was very cool...

overall a very good albeit chinny fighter...

Comment

Working...
                    X