No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Return Being Worked on For The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Return Being Worked on For The Fall

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum believes a rematch between four division world champion and 2012 “Fighter of the Year” Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire and two division former world champion Vic Darchinyan of Australia is possible.

Arum made the statement to BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard after Darchinyan himself in a conversation with the Standard from Sydney, Australia said “of course I’d love to fight him (Donaire.)”

Darchinyan told us “we’ll push for it” and suggested that we talk to his manager in the US, Frank Espinoza.

Espinoza earlier agreed with Arum and told BoxingScene.com he thinks the fight can be made easily pointing out that both Donaire and Darchinyan are under Top Rank Promotions and “the timing is right for both of them.” [Click Here To Read More]

Aw, geez....I was hoping for Rigo-Darch....

Comment

Top Rank's money machines are running dry this year. Cannot think of any mega fight they can do on their own these days without reaching out to Golden Boy. Rigo has potential to be a cash machine, except that there is no one to fight that can be billed as a potential monster PPV.

Pscquiao - on the way out.
      Donaire - has to get a crown first.
      Marquez- Bradley - ho-hum.
      Rios - even if he beats Pacquiao, does not mean Rios is up there; just a confirmation that Pac is old.

Boxing in CHina - the Chinese champion has not really been tested.

Comment

Be interesting to see how Donaire looks when he returns. More motivated?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Hornet View Post
          Top Rank's money machines are running dry this year. Cannot think of any mega fight they can do on their own these days without reaching out to Golden Boy. Rigo has potential to be a cash machine, except that there is no one to fight that can be billed as a potential monster PPV.

Pscquiao - on the way out.
          Donaire - has to get a crown first.
          Marquez- Bradley - ho-hum.
          Rios - even if he beats Pacquiao, does not mean Rios is up there; just a confirmation that Pac is old.

Boxing in CHina - the Chinese champion has not really been tested.
          Either Top Rank or GBP totally flaming out at the top level of the sport is probably the only way they'll end the HS drama bull**** they got going on. And as it stands now, GBP is in control.

Comment

I hope Donaire comes back and looks great and restablishes his reign over the division. Then I hope GB and Top Rank work out their differences so Mares can put a whoopin on that azz and finally get the recognition he deserves.

Comment

Don't count on it bud, GB and TR will never compromise so long as their ego's fit into every marketing and money making equation...

Comment

Originally posted by LeeRoy1387 View Post
                Don't count on it bud, GB and TR will never compromise so long as their ego's fit into every marketing and money making equation...
                They both Top Rank tho...

Comment

I'm predicting that the Donaire fans who said that Rigo was cherry picking Darch in another thread will now avoid this thread like the plague lol

Comment

Lol...

That is all.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X