No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Goossen Does Not Agree With Backlash on Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Goossen Does Not Agree With Backlash on Victor Ortiz

Dan Goossen is ecstatic about Josesito Lopez’s career-changing win against Victor Ortiz.

As much as he has enjoyed fight fans and boxing media praising his fighter since Saturday night, Lopez’s co-promoter still has some sympathy for the ostracized Ortiz (29-4-2, 22 KOs). The polarizing southpaw had a broken jaw and a mouthful of blood when he decided not to continue following the ninth round against Lopez (30-4, 18 KOs, 1 NC), but he has been lambasted because it marked the second time in three years the former welterweight champion “quit” in a fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

it is a fighters right to quit,BUT when this is done over and over again people will start getting tired of said fighter.call it the crying wolf syndrome............this time may have been legit but the Madiana,Floyd incidents were crying wolf

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      it is a fighters right to quit,BUT when this is done over and over again people will start getting tired of said fighter.call it the crying wolf syndrome............this time may have been legit but the Madiana,Floyd incidents were crying wolf
      Victoria makes people appreciate Cotto's redemption that much more. Pac could've brought a chainsaw into the ring Cotto was not going to quit.

Comment

Arthur Abraham dint quit...THE END!

Comment

I definitely don't agree with it either

Comment

I cannot bash Ortiz for quitting this time. I don't see why anyone would. He obviously lacked heart before this. Beating a dead horse just isn't my thing. Then we got good posters wishing better fighters got their jaws broke just to bash Ortiz weird stuff.

Comment

Ortiz didn't quit, his corner stopped the fight.

He broke his jaw in round 5 and the fight was stopped after round 9.

After all those uppercuts he was eating, it was a pretty brave effort.

Comment

Comment

I'm not gonna hate on Ortiz for quitting. There's some fighters that are willing to die in the ring and others don't. I'm still gonna watch his fights because they're exciting, I'm just not gonna expect much once the going gets tough.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
                    Ortiz didn't quit, his corner stopped the fight.

He broke his jaw in round 5 and the fight was stopped after round 9.

After all those uppercuts he was eating, it was a pretty brave effort.
                    what fight was you watching bro? You need to watch it again! His corner was trying to get him not to quit..

Comment

Working...
                    X