No announcement yet.

If Golota fought fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Golota fought fair?

We all know Golota was DQ'd twice against one Riddick Bowe, but what if he decided to fight fair in the first fight and became the heavyweight champion of the world? How many times would he have defended it? Who, if anyone, would he have lost it to?

During that era I believe he wouldve lost to Lewis, Tua, Tyson, Ibeabuchi.

I think he vs Holyfield wouldve been very close

I think would probably beat Foreman & Moorer

Comment

I always liked Golota. He was skilled, but he just didn't have the mental make up to last as a champion. When the going got tough he simply melted down. We got the Bowed fights, Lewis, Tyson....he almost lost it against Sampson Po'aoh (so?).

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        We all know Golota was DQ'd twice against one Riddick Bowe, but what if he decided to fight fair in the first fight and became the heavyweight champion of the world? How many times would he have defended it? Who, if anyone, would he have lost it to?
        Neither Bowe-Golota fight was for a world title. And Golota was a mental midget who always found a way to lose. Just watch him get blown away by Lennox Lewis or come from ahead to quit against Mike Grant and you'll see Golota was no great fighter. Fouls were never an issue with him again after the Bowe fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Neither Bowe-Golota fight was for a world title. And Golota was a mental midget who always found a way to lose. Just watch him get blown away by Lennox Lewis or come from ahead to quit against Mike Grant and you'll see Golota was no great fighter. Fouls were never an issue with him again after the Bowe fights.
          Sorry, didn't realize that.

Then, let's say the Bowe-Golota fights WERE for the world title.

To the guy who said Holyfield-Golota would have been close, that would've been a clash of the titans. Low blows vs. Headbutts.

Also, it's not like Bowe had great heart either.
          Last edited by VG_Addict; 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

To the guy who said Holyfield-Golota would have been close, that would've been a clash of the titans. Low blows vs. Headbutts.

Golota would have quit against Holyfields relentlessness. Would have been fun while it laster but disappointing in the end.

Comment

Tyson kicked his ass very easy high on weed

Comment

Bowe had amazing heart when he was actually in the ring!

It was his work ethic in training that let him down.

Comment

My belief is...If Golota wasn't such a head case, he would have been World Heavyweight Champion. He was yet another great talent wasted during one of the deepest Heavyweight era's of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    My belief is...If Golota wasn't such a head case, he would have been World Heavyweight Champion. He was yet another great talent wasted during one of the deepest Heavyweight era's of all time.

After watching both the Bowe fights I rated him highly too. He appeared to absorb a shot well, had fast hands and some dazzling combinations at times.

I hate to admit it, but I favoured him against Lewis (short of him fouling out!). How wrong was I?!!

Comment

Working...
                    X