Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Marquez II in Azteca Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez is not in any position to dictate any terms to mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Marquez going up to fight Mayweather, and just after moving up to 135, is the same as Mayweather moving up to fight Martinez. Only difference is that Mayweather doesn't have the balls.
      this basically, i guess if marquez wants a payday he could try and get the fight but he'd be best off either going out on this high (which i don't think he'll ever top) or perhaps beating up on somebody like bradley and or rios and then retiring.
      Last edited by Daddy T; 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        You missed the key part OP, forget the venue, it should be at 143-144lbs.
        Pacquiao weighed in at 147 lbs for this fight. Why can't Mayweather do the same?

Hell, Floyd weighed in at 146 for the first Marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          Marquez going up to fight Mayweather, and just after moving up to 135, is the same as Mayweather moving up to fight Martinez. Only difference is that Mayweather doesn't have the balls.

I guess you don't realize Mayweather started his career at 130. Not 147.

Comment

after yesterday, Floyd will ask the commission to draw blood 3 times/day from JMM up to fight night

Comment

I don't think Floyd or Bradley would want to go to Mexico city to fight Marquez due to the elevation and possibly the judges. I would rather see Marquez get a KO victory against his major rival and retire, than possibly get a questionable hometown decision against another boxer.

The elevation in Mexico City is a killer.

Comment

Why would JMM close out his career losing 12-0 and humiliated in front of his people? For that, just retire on yesterday's note and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
                  i think juan should fight bradley in mexico next then retire. Theres no one left to fight in top rank
                  Now Bradley in Mexico would be great. I think Bradley would take that fight if the money right.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Why would JMM close out his career losing 12-0 and humiliated in front of his people?
                    Because he would get the biggest payday of his entire career. There's no one out there now that can bring in the PPV revenues that Floyd will.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Pacquiao weighed in at 147 lbs for this fight. Why can't Mayweather do the same?

Hell, Floyd weighed in at 146 for the first Marquez fight.
                      Why can't Mayweather weigh in at 143-144? Roger and Sr say Floyd can make 140, so have the fight at a catchweight.

What's the issue, I mean Floyd dominated him right...nothing to be scared of.

Comment

Working...
                      X