No announcement yet.

So If The Race For Fighter Of This Generation Between Hop And Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    I can agree with this^^^^^^^^^even though I felt like B.Hop should've beat out Manny as well for that prestigious honor...but runner-up would've been cool and fair IMO
    The award was a farce and a popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      I can agree with this^^^^^^^^^even though I felt like B.Hop should've beat out Manny as well for that prestigious honor...but runner-up would've been cool and fair IMO
      If there was an award for 15 years, Bernard would surely take it. His resume from 1996 to 2011 is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Yea because Pac didn't deserve it

LOL did it only become a popularity contest and a farce in the 00's? It wasn't a farce and popularity contest in the 90's?

Comment

This is true....but will stick thru generations long after we are gone.

The Ring magazine makes sure to reminds us who were the past awardees every year. (when the awards comes out)

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Yea because Pac didn't deserve it

LOL did it only become a popularity contest and a farce in the 00's? It wasn't a farce and popularity contest in the 90's?
            Like I said.

It was a poularity contest. Thats my opinion.

Comment

Like I said.

It was a poularity contest. Thats my opinion.
              Only in the 00's right? Not in the 90's?

Because, there is no way in hell Pac deserved it right? GTFOH.

Comment

Floyd wants to believe he's the GOAT

Fact is, he's not even the best of his own generation and will be remembered as a guy who choose to sit out during the prime of his career.

Boxing has retired Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  This is true....but will stick thru generations long after we are gone.

The Ring magazine makes sure to reminds us who were the past awardees every year. (when the awards comes out)
                  Atleast you understand where Im coming from though. Pacquiao had boxing in a choke hold those last 2-3 deciding years.

When Roy won it. It was still a popularity contest.

Sweet Pea is the one who deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Only in the 00's right? Not in the 90's?

Because, there is no way in hell Pac deserved it right? GTFOH.
                    Jesus Christ what is it with you. I could really give a shyt about Pac right now. Did I say there was no in hell Pac could win it?

Did I say that?

In the 90's it was STILL a popularity contest like I just told Chups.

Roy won it. Sweet Pea deserved it.

Comment

Jesus Christ what is it with you. I could really give a shyt about Pac right now. Did I say there was no in hell Pac could win it?

Did I say that?

In the 90's it was STILL a popularity contest like I just told Chups.

Roy won it. Sweet Pea deserved it.
                      Jesus Christ what is it with you?

If it was a popularity contest then Oscar would have won. Who was more popular than Oscar for the whole decade that had "boxing in a choke hold"? So it was clearly not a popularity contest.

You can say Pea deserved it, but Pea was only great for half of the decade. Roy was great for a little over half of the decade. Yes both had a case one guy won. So to try and diminish the award by calling it a popularity contest is quite ******ed since the guy who won actually earned it and deserved it. And, the same thing would have been for Whitaker if he would have won it.

You didn't say it but you insinuated that Pac only won it because he it was a "farce and a popularity contest" when he actually won it because he earned it and deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                      X