Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one noticed how Lampley put Merchant in his place several times for hating on SM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoareyou
    Oh, we're not? That's not what DickBella said on the front page, isn't that right DickBella? "He's Roy Jones Jr. in his prime. He's an All-Time Great, He's a Hall of Famer." GTFO! Merchant right on the money and taking them to task!
    The only one who was taken to task was Larry Merchant, he even admitted when Lampley would put him in his place. He had no counter, even stayed quiet for the whole remaining 9th round after Lampley shut him up, didn't say a word until the next round.

Comment

HBO really needs to think about giving Merchant a new role...office greeter or something...

If a broadcaster is telling the viewer that the fight is **** and not to invest in certain fighters why will the viewer stick around? How does that help the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by everydaydrew View Post
        hbo really needs to think about giving merchant a new role...office greeter or something...

If a broadcaster is telling the viewer that the fight is **** and not to invest in certain fighters why will the viewer stick around? How does that help the sport?
        this comment made my day hillarious!!!!!!!!!!! Office greeter!!!!!!!

Comment

Lampley was playing devil's advocate. Merchant and Lampley are like brothers who make excuses for each other's excesses. Left alone by themselves they hold the same views.

Merchants speaks for the majority of the paying fans who like to see activity in the ring. As you've seen, Martinez had a hard time figuring out Macklin. Martinez, like most defensive fighters, prefer come-forward opponents. Macklin wasn't, which is the best option against counterpunchers -- beat them at their own game. Martinez was forced to do the opposite which is what made the fight close, but Macklin run out of gas, unfortunately.
          Last edited by al-Xander; 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Can any one post a gif or pic of him during that serg interview???????????

Comment

LM: I recall watching RJJ throw 8 punch combinations in this style.

JL: We're not watching RJJ.

He did enough to keep Merchant quiet for awhile, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                I can't stand Merchant. Get RJJ and Mike Tyson in.
                I agree with RJJ but Mike Tyson....Haahhhaaaa!...ROFL!...That would be funny as hell to hear Tyson commentating a fight...Tyson: It's lud-a-chris...

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Who is crying about hate? I am merely suggesting you try smoking weed or having sex for the first time, you'll feel alot better! I'm tryin to help you br0!!
                  I've got some weed. Is your vagina available for sex?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I've got some weed. Is your vagina available for sex?
                    JUST BE A REGULAR PERSON SOMETIMES THIS ***** IS GETTING REDICULOUS

BUT WHERES THE WEED?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      LM: I recall watching RJJ throw 8 punch combinations in this style.

JL: We're not watching RJJ.

He did enough to keep Merchant quiet for awhile, which was nice.
                      Could be taken as a slight on Sergio i.e he'll never be as good as Jones. It just depends how you look at it. Too many people hear what they wanna hear and get butthurt when its a fighter they like getting criticised.

Im a Sergio fan but it sounds like Merchant was spot on with his analysis. He WAS just throwing one left-hand at a time in the early stages of that fight and he was getting countered by a mediocre fighter like Macklin.

Why is it wrong for Merchant to call it like it is? You guys want him to constantly suck dick like Max Kellerman?

Comment

Working...
                      X