Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamar Odom will play a D-League game on Saturday to prepare for Mavs return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Lamar Odom will play a D-League game on Saturday to prepare for Mavs return

Lamar Odom will play a D-League game on Saturday to prepare for Mavs return
    THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2012 - 10:42PM

You might think the most significant part of this story is Lamar Odom and his return back to the Dallas Mavericks. With the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, teams are allowed to send down veteran players to the Development League with their consent. Having players' of Odom's talent-level playing in games is a hugely significant development to the upstarts league business.

According to Marc Stein from ESPN.com:
    The Dallas Mavericks hope to have Lamar Odom back in uniform in a matter of days, but it might not immediately be a Mavs uniform, sources said.

Odom is likely to play at least one game with the Mavericks' D-League affiliate in nearby Frisco to, as one source said, "get his legs back under him." The Texas Legends play the Austin Toros at home Thursday night, but sources said it's more likely Odom practices with the Legends on Friday while the Mavericks are in New Orleans and then plays Saturday's home game with the Legends, also against Austin, while the Mavericks are playing host to Utah.

If that is what it takes.

Comment

as long as odom wants to play here and gets back into game form im all for it.....this has been a huge distraction to the team all week.....f'n khlodum!!

Comment

**** Odom. word has it he wanted a trade to Boston, New Jersey or a buyout but Cuban wasn't having it.

This guy's mental is all types of ****ed. Dallas should really look at packaging him and Roddy B together and see what they can get out of it.

Comment

shouldnt have gotten all butthurt...now you're in the D-League

Comment

lmao haha pathetic

Comment

I don't get what all the hate with Odom is about, everybody is way too harsh on him. He's been through some ****ed up stuff throughout his life, his mom died when he was 12, his infant son died of SIDS in '06, and while being chauffeured around his driver killed a 15 year old boy in 2011, Odom was devastated. And just recently he was traded and felt betrayed.

Odom is a cool dude, really nice, he's not a douche or anything he's a humble guy. Basketball is just a ****ing game and money can't fix all the stuff he's been through in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I don't get what all the hate with Odom is about, everybody is way too harsh on him. He's been through some ****ed up stuff throughout his life, his mom died when he was 12, his infant son died of SIDS in '06, and while being chauffeured around his driver killed a 15 year old boy in 2011, Odom was devastated. And just recently he was traded and felt betrayed.

Odom is a cool dude, really nice, he's not a douche or anything he's a humble guy. Basketball is just a ****ing game and money can't fix all the stuff he's been through in recent years.
                Dude, he won a few rings after his son died. So dont use that Excuse. I wish people would stop using that story, I guess when his own kid dies and he goes out and wins a few championships people say "Oh what a legend overcoming" but as soon as he sucks people use the excuses? Cant have it both ways.

Dude is just lazy and probably still butt hurt that Lakers dropped him like a junkie drops the plunger.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Dude, he won a few rings after his son died. So dont use that Excuse. I wish people would stop using that story, I guess when his own kid dies and he goes out and wins a few championships people say "Oh what a legend overcoming" but as soon as he sucks people use the excuses? Cant have it both ways.

Dude is just lazy and probably still butt hurt that Lakers dropped him like a junkie drops the plunger.

Have you ever had a family member pass away that you REALLY cared about? You couldn't fathom how it feels to lose a child unless you have lost one yourself, do you honestly think he forgot about it as soon as he won those ships? I've lost lots of friends and family and trust me that **** follows you for YEARS, I guarantee you that he thinks about his son's death every single day.

Winning championships doesn't mean ****, being a millionaire doesn't mean ****, those things can't repair that emptiness, that terrible feeling of losing a loved one.

He said he was losing his passion for playing basketball, you have to remember this is a game. I'm sure the Lakers getting rid of him also hurt him mentally, Odom made the mistake of thinking the Lakers franchise actually cared about him, he forgot it's a business.

Comment

Do u guys think that stupid show his wife/leetch does is part of the reason?

Comment

Working...
                    X