No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Bute on The Pavlik Negotiations, Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Bute on The Pavlik Negotiations, Carl Froch

Promoter Jean Bedard of InterBox is currently in negotiations with Top Rank to secure Kelly Pavlik as the next opponent for former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute. Pavlik was scheduled to fight WBC/WBA champion Andre Ward, who fell out due to a shoulder injury. Bute has a rematch clause to face IBF champion Carl Froch, but the English is close to a deal to face WBA "regular" king Mikkel Kessler.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Team Bute has released Froch to fight Kessler, smart move.

Pavlik v Bute is an interesting fight, hopefully they can make it happen.

Comment

Bute has a bad style for Kelly, Bute by UD

Comment

damn bute would fuck Pavlik up bad

Comment

IMO Bute should beat Pavlik, but also do better VS Froch. I recall Bute having a huge blister on his foot 2 weeks before the fight VS Froch. I didn't get to see it, but Johnny Nelson did. Now some of you fans may shout blister, but try training for the fight of your life with a pain, it will affect you mentally and physically because it stops you a little because you want to get it healed up.

I am certain there was a reason why Bute didn't move much.

Comment

If I were Bute I wouldn't want to fight someone with Pavlik's power after being destroyed by Froch's power.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
              If I were Bute I wouldn't want to fight someone with Pavlik's power after being destroyed by Froch's power.
              Well, Pavlik's power isn't necessarily proven at this weight. If he stops Bute, it's safe to say that he carried his power up with him.

Comment

60-40 in Bute's favor.

Close fight.

Comment

Pavlik and Sergio were even going into the 9th round. What does that mean? I think everyone would agree that Sergio is a much better boxer than both Froch and Bute. I also don't believe that Pavlik is as washed up as most other fans seem to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    Pavlik and Sergio were even going into the 9th round. What does that mean? I think everyone would agree that Sergio is a much better boxer than both Froch and Bute. I also don't believe that Pavlik is as washed up as most other fans seem to believe.
                    Sergio is also a lot smaller than these guys, and never showed interest in moving up to fight them

Comment

Working...
                    X