No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Tommy Gun” Oosthuizen Aims For Status at Super Middle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Tommy Gun” Oosthuizen Aims For Status at Super Middle

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Use the survey-taking apparatus of your choice.

Toss the question out on Twitter. Make it the subject of a Facebook post. Or go old-school and enlist the services of a bumbling automated telephone service in the wilds of suburban Newark.

No matter the methodology, the results will be similar.

When asked to thoughtfully ponder the question – “Who is the best 168-pound fighter in the world?” –respondents will nearly always come back with one of three replies.

The majority will insist it is unbeaten former Olympian Andre Ward.

A vocal cross-section will suggest Carl Froch as a resurgent force.

And a stubborn pocket in Montreal (or Bucharest) will contend Lucian Bute deserves a mulligan.

No one will imply that it’s Thomas Oosthuizen [Click Here To Read More]

Seems to be keeping the big names in the division out of his mouth, I take it he's not ready to make the step up.

Comment

Good fighter...in a great division. Will be a gatekeeper type in a couple yrs.

Comment

I have never seen him fight and know nothing about him. That is other then the fact that he is 6'4" tall and at 168 he must be a twig.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          I have never seen him fight and know nothing about him. That is other then the fact that he is 6'4" tall and at 168 he must be a twig.
          I agree &we'll c soon what he has...@168 we can start w/Dawson, Ward, Froch & go from there. Tuff road 2 walk.
          When I was a kid I loved the Baltimore Colts till that rat Irsay left in the middle of the night.....Leonard didn't win, Hagler lost it, giving in &not having, as champ the right 2 have the bout go 15 & giving Leonard that huge ring 2 run around in.
          Lat point, my friend, there was & always will b , only 1 Sugar, SRR.

Comment

The IBO title means bugger all! I'd have more respect for him if he challenged Commonwealth champion George Groves for that title. Having said that Groves vs Oosthuizen could be a big money spinner in the future if both stay undefeated.

Comment

he looks a bit fruity

but yeah not heard much from him, these south africans have a way of failing hard on the world stage though...

Comment

Good prospect. I can see him winning a title in the near future.

Comment

Whats this guy like? anyone follow him?

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                    Whats this guy like? anyone follow him?

Comment

Working...
                    X