Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. David Price: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury vs. David Price: who would win?

This fight has to happen sooner or later.

Who will win?
    Fury by KO/TKO/RTD
    26.79%
    Fury by decision
    3.57%
    Price by KO/TKO/RTD
    48.21%
    Price by decision
    1.79%
    Evenly matchd, difficult to predict
    19.64%

The poll is expired.

Fury ends this outsized, robotic anachronism of a heavyweight.

Comment

price should win ... but we still don't know how he takes a punch so it's not guaranteed

Comment

Such a tough fight to call. Both are similar size however Price hits harder. Having said that, Fury has a better resume, more experience, a better all round game and is faster. I'd give the edge to Fury at this stage.

Comment

THE CASE FOR FURY

High workrate, good movement and fast hands for such a big man. Would Price cope with a fellow 'man mountain' who could throw more shots per round and move in and out of range so well?

Brave, aggressive and confident. Fury comes to fight, is not afraid to take risks and would be the first guy not to be overawed by Price's reputation or size. Tyson is also the first guy who would get in Price's face and have the strength and mindset not to be batted away or intimidated.

Reach. Price cannot keep Fury pinned on the end of a long jab, Fury has a massive wingspan himself and can jab and score from distance as well.

Real Experience. Fury has been in with Chisora and Johnson and Price has been operating at a lower level; Sexton, Harrison and Skelton.

THE CASE FOR PRICE

Discipline and career management. Price has proved to be the model professional, working on his technique, fitness and not switching trainers or struggling to find the right diet or overall lifestyle. He's had far less distractions and a more settled, balanced rise to the top.

Power. Price can unhinge anyone with his natural power and has the confidence and technical ability to throw accurate power shots that don't leave him exposed or that sap his stamina. He delivers clinical, real punching power that does not involve slugging/taking big risks.

Mentality and following a gameplan. There is a case for saying that Price would cope with the hype better, come to the fight with the ability to follow at least a execute a couple of gameplans that would secure victory. Would the more mature Price find a way to win and has Fury finally got over those 'red mist' moments which made those fights with Firtha far riskier than they ever needed to be?

I am going for Price.....7 round TKO.

Comment

Interesting one. Both Price and Fury have recieved extensive coverage here in the UK with Sky, Channel 5 and Box Nation

Price is knocking out 'better quality' fighters in quick time. KO Wins over Dallas, McDermott, Sexton, Fraudley and Skelton are not to be overlooked. Thompson will be a full examination of his ability has Tony has mixed at much higher levels and is on the come down. Nice personable guy and Dan Rafeal's opinion can never be dicredited. Everyone says his chin is suspect after losing to Camarelle in Beijing but Roberto was at his best then. Perhaps has the edge in skills and doesnt worry about what his opponant is saying and lets his fists to the talking. One of the hardest punching heavyweights I have seen in recent years.

Fury has pleauted in recent years. A trailblazing start with quick KOs but the first McDermott fight changed my perception of him. Chisora showed he could trouble him despite being 20lbs overweight. Too much lip. Dare I say it but hes a more extreme version Haye. Easy to hit and been down a few times as well. Does back it up with a decent skill set but I always think hes about 10-15lbs heavier than he should be. Decent puncher but he aint the all powerful one punch artist he says he is. Fury can sometimes turn his warrior mode on and just go in and that would suit Price so he would need to get his mental game sorted.

Gonna plump for a Price KO but Fury will give him so stick if he brings his best skills.

Comment

This is going to be a huge event in the UK if they are both still undefeated when it happens.

Comment

A huge fight indeed Freedom, extremely annoying that it hasn't happened already. In my opinion, Price wins by KO, I still think Fury's on borrowed time.

Comment

David will pay the Price for Tyson's Fury/

Comment

Originally posted by themadworldofjb View Post
                    Interesting one. Both Price and Fury have recieved extensive coverage here in the UK with Sky, Channel 5 and Box Nation

Price is knocking out 'better quality' fighters in quick time. KO Wins over Dallas, McDermott, Sexton, Fraudley and Skelton are not to be overlooked. Thompson will be a full examination of his ability has Tony has mixed at much higher levels and is on the come down. Nice personable guy and Dan Rafeal's opinion can never be dicredited. Everyone says his chin is suspect after losing to Camarelle in Beijing but Roberto was at his best then. Perhaps has the edge in skills and doesnt worry about what his opponant is saying and lets his fists to the talking. One of the hardest punching heavyweights I have seen in recent years.

Fury has pleauted in recent years. A trailblazing start with quick KOs but the first McDermott fight changed my perception of him. Chisora showed he could trouble him despite being 20lbs overweight. Too much lip. Dare I say it but hes a more extreme version Haye. Easy to hit and been down a few times as well. Does back it up with a decent skill set but I always think hes about 10-15lbs heavier than he should be. Decent puncher but he aint the all powerful one punch artist he says he is. Fury can sometimes turn his warrior mode on and just go in and that would suit Price so he would need to get his mental game sorted.

Gonna plump for a Price KO but Fury will give him so stick if he brings his best skills.
                    Good analysis.

Comment

Working...
                    X