Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikkel Kessler "Carl Froch Wins Super 6. Lucian Bute Didn't Want To Fight Me" (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch-Ward will be a close fight.

Unfortunately, Ward has home country advantage once again.

Will he have a ref who permits him to headbutt, hit while holding and hit off the break, while admonishing Froch for the slightest reason?

Will the New Jersey judges be fair to the foreign fighter Carl Froch?

I'm hoping Froch KOs the pampered Ward, but if it goes to the cards, I don't think Froch will receive fair judging in the USA.

Comment

Ward will win,il be supporting Froch though and hes certainly a live dog

Comment

Kessler is a good guy. I want to see him beat Bute and face the Froch/Ward winner.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Ward outclassed Mikkel that night. The fight could have been in Denmark, he would have lost. Froch had enough trouble with guys like Taylor and Dirrell, lesser defensive fighters than Ward is. Clear win for Ward to me.
          You think Ward could hold and headbutt all night and get the decision in Denmark? Nah! Decisions are notoriously hard to get in Europe. Travelling fighters need a KO and Ward has zero power so they arent going to hand him a decision the way he fights. Thats why he never leaves home.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Bute obviously lowballed Kessler as he did with Pavlik and Johnson.

As the only one who has fought both the s6 finalists you gotta respect Kessler's opinion in that regard. I disagree though, and see a fairly comfortable decision win for Ward.
            It does appear Kessler was lowballed by Bute, he mentions several times in the full interview that the offer he received was tantamount to Bute refusing to fight him at this juncture. However, I guess it could be argued that it was a managerial calculation rather than an offer that Bute personally devised.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
              It does appear Kessler was lowballed by Bute, he mentions several times in the full interview that the offer he received was tantamount to Bute refusing to fight him at this juncture. However, I guess it could be argued that it was a managerial calculation rather than an offer that Bute personally devised.
              It was definetely a decision made by Interbox. The guy who wrote the note in my sig, compared Interbox situation with Sauerlands own 10-15 years ago. Interbox is in the process of establishing themselves as a major player with Bute as their cash cow and they are not ready and doesn't have the cash to attract the big guns.

10-15 years ago Sauerland had Sven Ottke. Comparable situations.

Comment

Bute is a b*tch.

Hed be ranked 5th in the s6 behind Froch, Kessler and the 2 Andre's.

Comment

lol you could have had this thread title OP:

Kessler: 'Ward is a sneaky fighter who wants to ruin fights and have all the hometown advantages'

cos that's what he said
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 09-15-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Froch-Dirrell will be a close fight.

Unfortunately, Froch has home country advantage once again.

Will he have a ref who permits him to headbutt, hit while holding and hit off the break, while admonishing Dirrell for the slightest reason?

Will the UK judges be fair to the foreign fighter Andre Dirrell?

I'm hoping Dirrell KOs the pampered Froch, but if it goes to the cards, I don't think Dirrell will receive fair judging in the UK.
                    co-sign this

you foresaw it all

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      Bute is a b*tch.

Hed be ranked 5th in the s6 behind Froch, Kessler and the 2 Andre's.
                      you're a terrible fanboy dude

Comment

Working...
                      X