No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Wants Maidana Lighter, Quicker For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia Wants Maidana Lighter, Quicker For Rematch

If Marcos Maidana (35-4, 31KOs) gets another crack at Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs) on Sept. 13, his trainer already has a revised game plan.

"This time I'm going to have him come in a little lighter," Robert Garcia said Tuesday.. "We wanted him bigger for the first fight because we wanted to match Mayweather's size and power.

"But after the fight Marcos said Mayweather wasn't that powerful, really couldn't hurt him. So we need to be quicker and move better and I think we will."

[Click Here To Read More]

Interesting. Would negate some of Maidana's advantages but maybe those shots that just whizzed by Mayweather's jaw actually land.

Comment

Watch the rematch look exactly like the first fight; can't wait for the excuses.

For
      The
      Fans
      Doe!

Comment

Floyd has deceptive power and his past opponents have said so. Chino can come in lighter all day, but his style will remain the same. Floyd picks him apart all day everyday.

Comment

[QUOTE=IMDAZED;14740991]Interesting. Would negate some of Maidana's advantages but maybe those shots that just whizzed by Mayweather's jaw actually land.[/QUOTE

Come on.... How can he come in lighter he blows up after weigh in. Being lighter won't make him quicker than Mayweather, it won't make his punches straighter, won't make them more accurate,. It will be a totally different fight. You guys that hate Mayweather will say he ran the whole fight after he gives Maidana a boxing lesson this time.

Comment

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post

Come on.... How can he come in lighter he blows up after weigh in. Being lighter won't make him quicker than Mayweather, it won't make his punches straighter, won't make them more accurate,. It will be a totally different fight. You guys that hate Mayweather will say he ran the whole fight after he gives Maidana a boxing lesson this time.
            Well if he blows up after the weigh in than he didn't come in lighter, making the whole argument moot. I was referring to if in fact he did come in lighter.

Comment

[QUOTE=theboxingguru;14741027]
              Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Interesting. Would negate some of Maidana's advantages but maybe those shots that just whizzed by Mayweather's jaw actually land.[/QUOTE

DAZED just got called a Mayweather hater.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

DAZED just got called a Mayweather hater.

Used to happen every day on these forums up until 2009. Or up until I called out Pacquiao for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Watch the rematch look exactly like the first fight; can't wait for the excuses.

For
                  The
                  Fans
                  Doe!
                  I feel you will be eating those words.

Or drinking them.. Beercules

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
                    I feel you will be eating those words.

Or drinking them.. Beercules
                    Lol ok Slick!

Comment