No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Want One of My Fighters To Surpass Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Want One of My Fighters To Surpass Me

MGM GRAND, Las Vegas - WBC welterweight champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather is just a day away from his showdown against Robert Guerrero. Over the past year Mayweather's promotional company, Mayweather Promotions ,has really taken off. In February, Ishe Smith became the first boxer fighting under Mayweather's promotional banner to capture a world title. Five of Mayweather's fighters will be featured on Saturday's undercard including J'Leon Love's bout against Gabriel Rosado that will be part of the televised pay-per-view portion of the card.

Mayweather said that his ultimate goal is for one of his fighters to surpass the greatness that he has achieved. He said that he continually strives to put his fighters in the best position possible so that they can be successful. The 36-year-old champion tries to pass down what he has learned in a career that has spanned 17 years and counting.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How he's gonna allow his Fighters fights top caliber fighters from other Boxing Promo Co. like Top Rank? or, fighters under Don King?

Why can't all these Boxing Promoters be united in staging fights that will produce the real and only World Champ in any Division?

Comment

No, you don't. Don't lie.

Comment

How about before you call them your fighters you promote a show without Golden Boy's backing.
        Right now TMT is just a subsidy of GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          How he's gonna allow his Fighters fights top caliber fighters from other Boxing Promo Co. like Top Rank? or, fighters under Don King?

Why can't all these Boxing Promoters be united in staging fights that will produce the real and only World Champ in any Division?

because they promote to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            No, you don't. Don't lie.

i think he'd be ok with making it big as a promotor as long as he's got those don king favorable type contracts

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              because they promote to make money.
              So, its all about, Money, Money, Money...

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                How about before you call them your fighters you promote a show without Golden Boy's backing.
                Right now TMT is just a subsidy of GBP.
                LMAO says the guy on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  LMAO says the guy on the couch.
                  Thats part of the reason why I believe he'll serve out the entire 6 fights. 200 million is more than enough to start up a promo company.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i think he'd be ok with making it big as a promotor as long as he's got those don king favorable type contracts
                    Right? And you know Floyd Mayweather would make sure Floyd Mayweather got paid.

Comment

Working...
                    X