No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darchinyan Has Interest in The Banal-Pungluang Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darchinyan Has Interest in The Banal-Pungluang Winner

Vic Darchinyan’s trainer Angelo Hyder says that Darchinyan (38-5-1, 27KOs) is interested in moving down to 118 lbs to challenge for the WBO title being contested by Pungluang Sor Sinyu and AJ Banal at the SM Mall of Asia Arena tomorrow night.

Darchinyan’s most recent fight was at super bantamweight, when he won a lopsided decision victory over Luis Orlando Del Valle in Connecticut. With the win the Armenian, who has Australian citizenship, snapped a two fight losing streak.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting that he is considering a move down at his age. If he can make weight, I think that would be an excellent plan for him. The guys at 122 seem a little big for him IMO.

Comment

good because 122 seemed too high for him,he won only because he was facing a guy who really had nothing,but put him in against the best and he'll lose,he's more of a 115-118 pound fighter,would rather see him fight santa cruz,that would be good fight

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        good because 122 seemed too high for him,he won only because he was facing a guy who really had nothing,but put him in against the best and he'll lose,he's more of a 115-118 pound fighter,would rather see him fight santa cruz,that would be good fight
        Man, if I'm Darchinyan, I avoid Santa Cruz like the plague. That kid's punch output is insane, and he can pop. I think LSC would get Vic out early.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          Man, if I'm Darchinyan, I avoid Santa Cruz like the plague. That kid's punch output is insane, and he can pop. I think LSC would get Vic out early.
          it would be a good fight though,vic seems stronger at these weights instead of 122,maybe thats why he's targeting these guys instead of santa cruz,and yeah i just like his output,incredible,the only other guys i remember throwing that many punches and not tire were juan diaz and margarito against clottey

Comment

Working...
          X