Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Segura-Marquez: Don’t Ignore the Real Fight of the Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Segura-Marquez: Don’t Ignore the Real Fight of the Week

by Cliff Rold - They share Brian Viloria in common.

Both suffered a stoppage loss at his hands.

Both fight this Saturday night for the chance to avenge that loss, once removed.

In a bit of good fortune for boxing fans, what originally looked like it would be a small pay-per-view show in the US is now a main event on Telefutura’s “Solo Boxeo” (Saturday, 11 PM EST/PST). It won’t compete for our dollars, but it will compete for attention.

At roughly the same time, a well-promoted showdown at the Madison Square Garden Theatre will take place between WBA Middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin and puncher Curtis Stevens. It promises fireworks and, with HBO (Saturday, 10 PM EST/PST) set to air a preliminary bout, the two fights could go head to head.

If push comes to shove, Golovkin-Stevens is the fight that merits a DVR look later. Compared on paper, the real fight of the week is Giovanni Segura vs. Tyson Marquez.

More than just fireworks, Segura-Marquez might provide an outright Flyweight classic between violent Mexican southpaws. [Click Here To Read More]

I've been waiting for this fight for a long time and I'm sure it will be a great one no matter who wins because these two warriors are going to show up to make boxing enthusiasts proud! Can't wait for this weekend's great night of boxing.

Comment

I can't lie like I haven't been slacking on the lower weights for the past couple of years. After Segura ruined Calderon, I just stopped paying much attention. I'll be sure to check this fight out though.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
        I can't lie like I haven't been slacking on the lower weights for the past couple of years. After Segura ruined Calderon, I just stopped paying much attention. I'll be sure to check this fight out though.
        Check out Sosa-Segura from earlier this year. Great little fight

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
          ruined my favourite fighter.

It should be a good fight this weekend though, Segura always brings it

Comment

It pisses me off this only has four comments. This is a real contest between giants in their division. I've dreamed of this fight.

Comment

Easily the best, most meaningful fight of the weekend.

Comment

With Chocolatito moving up this division is insane right now. I expect Marquez to beat Segura but not before having a typical Mexican war.

Comment

Yes mexican slugfest!!! Hope these guys are ok after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    It pisses me off this only has four comments. This is a real contest between giants in their division. I've dreamed of this fight.
                    Plenty will enjoy on fight night. That's good enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X