Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai Looking for The Best Domestic Fights Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai Looking for The Best Domestic Fights Possible

Britain’s hottest young prospect Kal Yafai steps into the ring for the first time in 2013 tomorrow night (January 19) at Yafai and the Betfair Prizefighter Welterweights III live on Sky Sports HD1 from the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton – and warns his bantamweight rivals ‘I’m coming for your titles.’

Yafai turned pro in July after a stellar amateur career laden with titles and an appearance for Team GB in the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008 at just 19 years old, and with five stoppage wins in his first six pro fights, the 23 year old has been tipped for the very top by the boxing pundits.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd like to see him in against better opposition, he's not learning much from his recent run of opposition.

Comment

Think Yafai is about 23-24 not 19 years old?? Very early days but he looks like a real star in the making & is looking like he could go all the way. Whats impressive is that he's showing real power. Its very early in his career but i think that if you're going get to the top, you need to be stopping 7 out of the first 10 guys, providing you're fighting ok opposition, which he seems to be. Yafah is the best prospect in the country i recon.
      I thought Eubank Jr looked impressive in his first few fights but what is starting to show now is his lack of power. He doesnt seem to have power to fully discourage the other fighter, never mind the knockout power. When he steps up a level or two i can see him struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboots View Post
        Think Yafai is about 23-24 not 19 years old?? Very early days but he looks like a real star in the making & is looking like he could go all the way. Whats impressive is that he's showing real power. Its very early in his career but i think that if you're going get to the top, you need to be stopping 7 out of the first 10 guys, providing you're fighting ok opposition, which he seems to be. Yafah is the best prospect in the country i recon.
        I thought Eubank Jr looked impressive in his first few fights but what is starting to show now is his lack of power. He doesnt seem to have power to fully discourage the other fighter, never mind the knockout power. When he steps up a level or two i can see him struggling.
        Totally agree, Yafai has the skills, power and style to get to the top.

Oh, and it says that he is 23.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          I'd like to see him in against better opposition, he's not learning much from his recent run of opposition.
          Relax dude. He's had 6 fights in 6 months since turning pro. He will be at least British champ if not knocking on the door of the European champ by the end of 2013.

Comment

Working...
          X