No announcement yet.

New Years resolutioners at the gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    The one I'm at is ****ty in terms of gyms but good in terms of planet fitness gyms. They have a power rack which is nice and some free weight benches, but I tried deadlifting once and got told I can't do them, and the dumbbells only go up to 75 which is ridiculous. I just had to join a gym while I was home from school and I could join planet fitness for 10/month without having to sign a contract.

i've been able to pretty consistently get to my gym 2x per week and both days on the weekends, but i'll 100% be one of those resolutioners you hate so much.

i've only been able to stay 45 mins at the max. been going before work or sometimes even on a long lunch break if i can manage it. i usually get a nice lift on the weekends.

i too am at a PF right now. it's insanely cheap, and more importantly for me it is a 90 second walk. the place sucks. it's crowded, the equipment is THE WORST in the world, and they've actually had a problem with staph infections...

i'm just trying to get back into shape so i won't hurt myself when i make my way to a better gym

what i really need is the time.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i've been able to pretty consistently get to my gym 2x per week and both days on the weekends, but i'll 100% be one of those resolutioners you hate so much.

i've only been able to stay 45 mins at the max. been going before work or sometimes even on a long lunch break if i can manage it. i usually get a nice lift on the weekends.

i too am at a PF right now. it's insanely cheap, and more importantly for me it is a 90 second walk. the place sucks. it's crowded, the equipment is THE WORST in the world, and they've actually had a problem with staph infections...

i'm just trying to get back into shape so i won't hurt myself when i make my way to a better gym

what i really need is the time.
      I actually don't hate the resolutioners I just hate that so many start for a month then give it up. If they stuck with it I would be fine with them there are just so many people who walk in, clearly don't know what they are doing, run for 15 minutes do crunches and leave. Everyone thinks going to the gym is what you need to do not put the work in while you are there.

I respect people in your situation though that don't have a lot of time to take advantage of yet still make it out there when they can.

Comment

I actually don't hate the resolutioners I just hate that so many start for a month then give it up. If they stuck with it I would be fine with them there are just so many people who walk in, clearly don't know what they are doing, run for 15 minutes do crunches and leave. Everyone thinks going to the gym is what you need to do not put the work in while you are there.

I respect people in your situation though that don't have a lot of time to take advantage of yet still make it out there when they can.

the good part for me is that i should be able to free up the time. that's kind of my "resolution." at school i had the perfect schedule for lifting weights. now i work 50-60 hours every week. things finally coming into place, and i should be able to start to get closer to 40-50.

Comment

I try to help these people the best I can. Some of them come for a little while and then they vanish.

Comment

Im thinking of getting down to 12 and a half stones (about 173 pounds) and then start a clean bulk and get to about 13 stones (182 pounds).

Comment

My bad bro lol didn't mean to ignore you.

I don't have any New Years resolution but recently I have been on a cut to get a lower bf%. You have any for next year?
              one was to stop working out twice a day. but there's a gym in building now and it's become difficult.

i am addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                one was to stop working out twice a day. but there's a gym in building now and it's become difficult.

i am addicted.
                With a gym in the building I would get every time I get bored at home. I have a pull up bar in my doorway and I end up busting out a bunch of pullup sets every day just out of boredom sometimes

Comment

My resolution is to quit smoking first..I stopped for a year than started again..once I start smoking I stop working out..so once I quit I will start training again...both don't mix.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                    My resolution is to quit smoking first..I stopped for a year than started again..once I start smoking I stop working out..so once I quit I will start training again...both don't mix.
                    if necessary, do both. start slow doing walk/jog/run intervals. after a while, unless you've been smoking for decades, you may lose the urge for cigarettes.

Comment

Working...
                    X