Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to 2010 Boxing.... lmao

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Because HBO doesn't have room in their budget to make it a WCB.
      Exactly. If Cotto worked cheaper, HBO would be happy to have him on. Blaming HBO for Cotto being on PPV is ridiculous. If you have to blame someone, blame Cotto or Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
        Yup. If HBO picked up Cotto's next fight they may not have the budget for Alexander-Bradley then the same people would be saying "Why isn't HBO going to televise Alexander-Bradley?"

why were the clottey and foreman fights on hbo

Comment

Originally posted by PAULIE! View Post
          They were in June when much of HBO's budget was still open. By December a lot of that budget is eaten up and Cotto expects to get paid well, as he should.

Comment

Cheaper, lack of other fights HBO wanted to see? Who knows really. HBO has made some questionable moves using their budgets on those fights. I think they've straightened out lately, look at November. Look at Bradley-Alexander.

Good stuff.

Comment

they dont even have an opponent yet and if hes fighting cintron or martirosyan that ppv wont sell squat
              this is the way I felt about mosley vs mora, your main attraction is coming off a one sided loss and he gets ppv time? But atleast with Cotto, he won his last fight on an HBO broadcast...so i can dig it i guess. Cotto vs Vanes doesn't serve ppv purpose anyway, and vs Cintron, it could work for all the Puerto Ricans out there and it's a solid fight.

Comment

If Sergio Mora, Victor Ortiz, and Canelo Alvarez are on PPV, I figure anybody can!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
                  Welcome to 2010 Boxing.... lmao
                  Any it's only going to get worst. The way things are going, boxing won't be making much money in about 5-7 years from now.

Comment

oh ok who is he fighting and who is on the undecard?
                    I think Chavez Jr will be fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X