Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward Will Fight Me, He Has Nowhere To Go!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Who's Ward going to fight?
    A rematch with Dawson at LHW because there is huge interest in that fight, right?

I think people fail to realize that there are not a lot of legitimate options out there for Ward, Froch is at the top or very near to the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      A rematch with Dawson at LHW because there is huge interest in that fight, right?

I think people fail to realize that there are not a lot of legitimate options out there for Ward, Froch is at the top or very near to the top of the list.
      Exactly. There are very few fights out there for Ward. It was obvious even as the super six tournament was finishing up that there were not going to be many big names out there to help Ward to the 'next level'. And not much has changed. In the short term, there really aren't many better options than Froch.

Comment

He's yet to face Bute, or Stevenson (can see venue being an issue here), or Oosthuizen or Pavlik or Dirrell (thought they mutually agreed not to fight each other, so this likely won't happen) yet.

If Ward/Pavlik is going through in late January as proposed, there shouldn't be an issue with him getting Bute in June/July after Froch gets through with him again. He can then take on Superman or Oosthuizen later in the year, and really clean out the division of EVERYONE.

Or he could forgo facing a busted up, broken down Bute (after Froch destroys him again), and face Froch again.

He's got plenty of options out there, and his stock is even higher than after the Super Six because of the way he disposed of Chad Dawson (instead of just decisioning him).

Then move up and a LHW.

Comment

I think secretly Ward is pulling for Bute to get one over Froch in a rematch so they could make that fight.

Hearn should keep Froch away from Ward since there's only one possible outcome to that fight. I'm still hoping Froch/Kessler gets made.

Comment

ward beat you clearly the first time. and will do it again a second time. ward is like mayweather. talently gifted and smart

Comment

I'd like to see Ward fight the following:

@ SMW: Pavlik, Bute, Dirrell, JCC Jr., Froch II, and Rodriguez
              @ LHW: Cloud, Cleverly, Dawson II, and Pascal

Comment

Can't believe people are seriously proposing Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  I'd like to see Ward fight the following:

@ SMW: Pavlik, Bute, Dirrell, JCC Jr., Froch II, and Rodriguez
                  @ LHW: Cloud, Cleverly, Dawson II, and Pascal
                  ROFLMAO @ the bold

LOL @ Cloud

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    I meet up with Kessler (he lives next to me in Copenhagen, DK) and often ask him about a Froch rematch. Last time I met him he said he is concentrating on Magee and after that he wants Froch. So doubts he's ducking him, and why would he? He's a warrior like Froch and has never ducked anyone. And no, he did not duck Bute for those of you who believe that.
                    From what I recall there were offers for Kessler to face Miranda (when he was good), Dawson (when he was undefeated), and Bute. He also left the Super Six of course. Now, maybe there are good reasons for all of those fights not taking place, maybe it was someone else's fault everytime or the terms were bad. But still, I couldn't imagine Froch passing up 4 different great opportunities.

It makes no sense for him to face Magee if he wants Froch next. The stupid title doesn't make the fight bigger or more interesting. Seems more likely that his priority is trying to force a situation where Ward will either have to face him in Denmark or vacate.

Froch has already given an interview saying that it looks like he'll have to go to Denmark to get the Kessler rematch, and that he's prepared to do it despite wanting it in Nottingham. I guess it's lucky for us that he's got that kind of attitude because I don't see the fight happening any other way, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the time it does happen it'll be a year or two later than we all wanted to see it.
                    Last edited by Clegg; 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      ROFLMAO @ the bold

LOL @ Cloud
                      You know Pavlik is going to get made...he's a name fighter. Pavlik is a punching bag I know but its going to get made. JCC Jr is going to have to move up eventually he cant keep draining himself into 160. Fact is he fights at LHW when he enters the ring and he comes to fight. You really think this isnt a viable huge moneymaker down the road? Whats so funny about making serious bank and seeing these 2 go at it. I know Ward is light years ahead od JCC and I dont think it'll even be close but I am all for Jr getting another ass whooping, besides Arum only puts him in to make bank and Arum WILL CASH OUT...he ALWAYS does. He'll have no problem eventually feeding him to Ward. As for Rodriguez, that doesnt make money but we all know DiBella builds them up and eventually they'll get KTFO by the true talent eventually (except for Sergio that is). Its the least viable but who cares, I wanna see Ward take on a young contender. Whats so laughable about a Cloud or Dawson vs Ward scrap at LHW? Again Im not saying any of these dudes will beat Ward but what's so funny? Dawson at his natural weight is more competitive then at 168.
                      Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-13-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X